BNP Paribas Securities Services, a subsidiary of the BNP Paribas group, is one of Europe's leading providers of custody services for securities.
The Luxembourg branch plays a major part in its operations, offering clients high value-added services extending from custody to securities lending, fund administration, performance measurement and ratings, and bond issuance services.
To support its current growth, BNP Paribas Securities Services is looking for:
Fund Accountant (H/F)
Ranked as the second largest global fund center, Luxembourg is a preferred jurisdiction for institutional and private investors. The Luxembourg Fund Sector is very dynamic, innovative and well established thanks to its robust regulatory framework.
The Fund Administration has always been and will remain a key pillar of the Fund industry. It is fully integrated with multiple counterparties (inside and outside the bank): Transfer Agent, Depot bank, Custodian, Management Companies, Brokers, and Auditors…
Advantages of the position:
BNP Paribas Securities Services Luxembourg is positioned at the heart of the Luxembourg Fund Industry: Possibility to grow knowledge on all activities related: Custody, Fund Services (TA, FA, FDS.. )
Working in the Fund Administration is a unique opportunity to learn on different domains and develop a career:
- Capital Market: Understanding financial Products such as Equity, Bond, Listed Derivative, OTC Derivatives in a large range/type of Funds (UCITS, Hedge funds, Alternatives and Raif funds,,).
- Funds Accounting: Developing various accounting aspects, being expert in management techniques (Pooling, Master-feeder…), using referenced FA systems (Multifond Calculo,), and applying innovative processes (performance fee, Hedging, Swing price..).
- Working in team : Managing multiple interactions with clients and their providers (International Operating Centers, brokers, Custodians, … ) and auditors.
- Support transformation required for continuous improvement
- Manage the daily production process:
Produce the NAV calculations, respecting the deadlines defined by our clients:
- Monitor the pre-requisite task for daily process for NAV production: Trade Capture, Reconciliation, Fund Event, Corporate Action,… )
- Execute first control according to the procedures in force and according to national and international standards (local GAAP, IFRS, ISAE3402)
- Perform and analyze reconciliation between depository/brokers and accounting books
- Monitor and run the processes in line with the Business Process Monitoring Tool : NAV Simulation, NAV Control, NAV Distribution
Monitor the High level of Quality Process .
- Manage escalation when required if issues or risks occur during the production of NAVs
- Supervise and update the incident database and participate to the definition of an action plan for continuous improvement.
Provide the information requested in the context of internal and external audits, respecting response time and quality.
2 – Support the Onboarding process
Participate in the tasks of implementing fund events and carry out controls during implementation (eg new funds, compartments, mergers etc.)
3 – Contribute to the setup of a reinforced and enhanced safety system for supervising the production process
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
Academic Background: Business school, university (BAC+5)
A strong willingness to learn and excel, bundle with energy is necessary
Previous experience in the fund industry is an asset.
Strong Attention to detail
Adaptability and Team spirit
Transversal Skills :
Good Communication oral & written
Good use of MS Toll such as MS Excel
Experience of Multifond is an asset
Good written and oral French and English skills are essential
During the finalization of the recruitment process, the preselected candidate will be asked to provide us an extract from his/her criminal record dated less than 3 months (record N°3 for Luxembourg), according to the dispositions of the law from July 23 2016 concerning the criminal record.