APAC FRESH is a collaborative team that develop software solutions for FINANCE and RISK functions. The team highly values functional and software engineering expertise.
The team builds a software intensive solution mainly based on Java and Angular to strengthen the regulatory reporting platform of all APAC locations.
To fulfill the dynamic regulatory requirements, the team has grown to have around 40 members. We value collaborative and innovative culture through empowerment, involvement of team in all phases of development, shared responsibility, and direct collaboration with users. We highly value iterative & incremental (agile) approach to development.
The in-house (custom-developed by the team) platform, Flexel, is a highly flexible and user-friendly Regulatory Reporting Platform, supporting 700+ Finance and Operation’s regulatory reports across 9 countries. The wide spectrum of reports includes but not limited to - Balance Sheet, P&L, Large Exposure,Granular Data Repository, BASEL III reporting (e.g. LCR) and that makes up the massive user community.
Process Reengineering and Platform Development:
- Assist in defining platform architectures
- Design and develop robust, performant software components to support regulatory reporting platform
- Maintain / build the platform following coding / quality standards and technology strategy of BNPP
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of technical design and solution
- Build components in an highly professional manner that is designed to scale, robust and tested thoroughly
- Assess risk and impact to AS-IS and TO-BE prior implementation
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining systems and software.
- Hands-on development on both front end and back end
- Prepare documentation and knowledge sharing to the team
Regional Regulatory Reporting Project :
- Participate in code review & improvements, testing, support
- To support system testing (e.g. SIT & UAT & STG)
- To prepare system documentation (e.g. technical/ function spec, user guide)
- Provide support to resolve production incident
System Enhancement & Production Support (secondary responsibility)
- Provide support to resolve production incident raised by end user or by IT
- Identify the root cause of the incident by applying sound error tracing technics
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Essential Knowledge/Skills :
- Strong hands-on experience in Java backend development.
- Relevant experience using Spring technology: Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Stream
- Practical knowledge of Data Science tools such as Spark and Alteryx
- Knows how to create maintainable and readable code.
- Quick learner, self-initiative, and good team player
- Sense of ownership to tasks assigned and commit to deadlines under pressure
- Analytical, lateral thinker, attentive to details and result-oriented person
- Experience with design patterns, Domain-Driven Design
- Experienced with testing automation such as unit, spec by example (or BDD or ATDD)
- Experience with collaborative coding practices: pair programming, mobbing, trunk-based development
- Fluency in English (verbal/written) and with good communication & interpersonal skills
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics or any other related subjects
- Experiences in data analysis, standardized project implementation
Other Preferred Competencies (not mandatory):
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Banking or Financial Industry, preferably Finance / Risk / IT area
- PMP, Scrum Master, Agile or other related project certificates
- Financial industry, regulatory/ financial reporting exposure
- CFA or other related professional certificates
- Other IT skills : Excel Macro / Workflow tool (e.g. Camunda or Alteryx)
About BNP PARIBAS
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year