BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 72 countries with more than 200,000 employees, including 154,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
The BNNPP Real Estate UK (the entity) Compliance Department is responsible for ensuring that all activities conducted by the entity are conducted in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and internal Group BNPP policies and procedures. In particular, the Compliance Department is responsible for implementing relevant Compliance Policies and Procedures, monitoring compliance with those Policies and Procedures, and providing compliance advice, guidance and challenge to all entity employees. The BNPP Real Estate (RE) Compliance Department forms part of the BNPP CIB UK Compliance Department.
Position Overview/Key Objectives:
The Senior Financial Security Compliance Officer role will form part of the UK BNP Paribas Real Estate (RE) Compliance Department and will report directly to the Head of Financial Security Compliance.
The Senior Financial Security Compliance Officer will be required to support the Head of Financial Security Compliance in ensuring that all applicable Financial Security rules and regulations and BNPP Real Estate Policies and Procedures are appropriately implemented and complied with.
Specifically, the Senior Financial Security Officer will be responsible for:
• Conducting detailed forensic analysis complex Client Acceptance Committee (CAC) files.
• Responsible for managing the receipt, production, communication and maintenance of all Financial Security Policies & Procedures.
• Assist in the production of SARs.
• Take the lead on strategic Financial Security projects (i.e. in respect to processes, systems etc.).
• Support the Head of Financial Security in the production and delivery of Financial Security training (Face-to-Face and eLearning).
• Take the lead in producing regular Financial Security communiques/news alerts.
In addition, the Senior Financial Security Compliance Officer will act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) point of contact between the Financial Security Team and the Business
Key responsibilities will include but not be restricted to the following:
• Conducting detailed forensic analysis complex Client Acceptance Committee (CAC) files which may require deeper and lengthier analysis.
• Handle complex queries from the business, such as queries around Trusts, Wealth Structures, etc.
• Responsible for managing the receipt and maintenance of Group Financial Security Procedures and communication to all employees
• Responsible for the producing/maintaining UK specific Financial Security Procedures or making UK specific amendments to Group Financial Security Procedures and subsequent communication to all employees.
• Responsible for preparing EXCOM presentation slides when relating to Financial Security issues.
• Responsible for the production and maintenance of Financial Security Manual(s) and BAU Desk Procedures for Compliance staff.
• Assist in the analysis of Level 2 Monitoring Alerts and subsequent production of SARs.
• Take the lead in implementing and delivering strategic Financial Security projects (i.e. review of the KYC process within Compliance).
• Assist in the production and delivery of Financial Security communiques/news alerts.
• Be responsible for the maintenance of the Financial Security Compliance Echonet pages.
• Support the Head of Financial Security Compliance in providing guidance, advice and challenge to the Business on the application of Compliance Policies, Procedures and processes in relation to Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing, Sanctions and Embargos matters.
• Support the Head of Financial Security in the development and delivery of face-to-face and eLearning AML/CTF/Sanctions training. A willingness to travel from time to time to the various branches to support the delivery of face-to-face training.
• Liaise with RE Global, Paris team, in order to ensure any relevant Financial Security derogations are appropriately produced.
• To act as a point of contact for the Business in terms of providing advice and support on the application of all complex KYC requirements;
• Help support and manage the EP processes for on-boarding High Risk clients including PEPs.
• Assist in the collection and production of Financial Security reports and MI for Senior Manager reports.
• Provide advice and support to the Business and the Business COT in relation to the application of internal Policies and Procedures.
• Assist in periodic GCP control testing and quality assurance reviews as they relate to Financial Security as requested by Compliance Control and Risk Management (CCRM).
Skills & Experience Required
• Previous experience of KYC/client on-boarding in the Real Estate and Financial Services sectors is essential;
• Proven track record of working in Financial Security/KYC/AML/Sanctions is essential;
• Proven track record of acting as an SME for Financial Security/KYC/AML/Sanctions matters within the Real Estate and Financial Services sectors;
• Extensive experience working in a Financial Crime environment including AML/KYC and Sanctions within the Real Estate and Financial Services sectors;
• A proven track record of conducting risk-based forensic analysis of KYC files and Due Diligence documents and PEP assessments.
• Proven track record and knowledge of analysing different Real Estate customer and transaction types, in particular in relation to Legal entities, Wealth structures and Special Purpose Vehicles.
• A proven track record of assessing and writing and compiling SARs.
• A strong knowledge of AML/CTF/Sanctions UK rules and regulations relating to the Real Estate and Financial Services sectors
• A proven track record in reviewing and writing Financial Security Policies, Procedures and processes.
• A good working knowledge of other Financial Crime risks such as bribery and fraud is preferable.
• Experience of conducting robust risk based analysis on complex files within the Real Estate and Financial Services sectors;
• A solid understanding of the different client categories within the Real Estate and Financial Services sectors;
• Familiarity with KYC tools as used within the Real Estate and Financial Services sectors
• Experience in the production and delivery of eLearning and face-to-face training
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Financial Security/AML risks in the real estate sector.
• Strong knowledge of all estate agency business rules and regulations, including but not limited to the UK Money Laundering Regulations, HMRC Guidance, RICS rules and regulations and the Estate Agency Act of 1979.
• Proven track record of providing guidance in relation to Conduct of Business issues as they relate to the RICS Code of Ethics, RICS Blue Book and RICS Purple Book.
• Ability to build solid and on-going relationships at all levels within the organisation.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong delivery focus, ability to perform on a timely basis and with accuracy, and to work well under pressure within a changing environment.
• Self-starter, able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with colleagues at all levels of the company.
• Strong work ethic.
• Relevant qualification in Financial Security/KYC/AML desirable.
• Strong general knowledge of Financial Security/KYC/AML issues, requirements and solutions
• Strong general knowledge of Financial Security/KYC/AML processes and systems.
• Strong general knowledge of AML/CTF/Sanctions UK rules and regulations.
• Ability to speak fluent French.
• Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct.
• Demonstrate proactivity and transparency in relation to all Financial Security/KYC/AML/Sanctions matters.
• Always consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, the Business and customers before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether that they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006