About the job
- Within BNPP Securities Services (2S) IT teams, specifically in CSCS (Client Services and Control Systems) department, BNP Paribas Securities Services is looking for an IT Analyst/Developer to lead the evolutions on Compliance Market Abuse Detection (MAD) monitoring tool (Actimize MSE)
- Monitoring transactions for all 2S locations on all product types, this system is essential for the Bank to ensure the respect of international and local regulations regarding Market Surveillance
- MAD monitoring tool is based on 2S technical components and a software developed by an external provider named NICE Actimize
- The applications process follows these steps: data integration from different source systems (transactional, client, product or market data); Transactions monitoring with alerts generation (detection models and specific settings to ensure with the provider); Data integration from different source systems (transactional, client, product or market data); Alerts management by users (TOM, manual alerts, display evolution) and KPI
Your Main Activities Are
- Code analysis, solution proposition, tests design and preparation of the non-PROD environment (depending the sprint type: normal sprint or non-regression sprint)
- Developments, unitary tests and bug fixing
- IST operation preparation and validation
- Chronogram design and integration tests
- In case of non-regression sprint: UAT operation preparation; release test (all chronograms consolidated to simulate the release); non regression testing (3 to 5 Business dates compared)
- Based on bi-monthly rolling system: incident and PROD technical support, acting as 3rd level of support; maintenance of non-prod infrastructure; participate and contribute on the meeting (Agile meetings)
Profile and Skills to Success
- Proficiency in PL/SQL and shell scripting
- Proficiency in UNIX and Windows server configuration and management as well as firewall and technical protocols (CFT, MQ, HTTPS, SSO and/or SSL certificates)
- Ability to analyze
- Ability to develop and adapt a process
- Ability to follow the internal processes (Agile, IT Group, among others)
- Communication skills (oral and written)
- Organizational skills
- Ability to deliver/Results driven
- Risk Management (Risk Anticipation)
- Sense of confidentiality
- Great English Communication Skills
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.