At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing a portfolio of non-profit partners to support the bank’s philanthropic initiatives, CRA obligations and CSR priorities.
Serve as a Subject Matter Expert within the Energy Transition Strategic Partnership program area
Create, maintain and continue to evolve a CSR Energy Transition Strategic Partnership program to include assessment of key metrics and impact, promoting visibility within the key partners, and engaging team members in volunteer related activities.
Work cross-functionally to support the goals/objectives of the strategic philanthropic giving for the bank.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages a contributions budget for a specific region/program in order to uphold the Bank’s CRA obligations and CSR goals.
-Evaluate the progress of Energy Transition Strategic Partnership program annually through KPIs and make adjustments when necessary.
-Coordinate with the CRA team on the bank’s Community Development volunteerism goals. Provide support for these goals through existing programs offered through nonprofit partners.
- Builds strong relationships with community leaders. Represents the Bank in various community functions related to charitable or community development activities. Acts as Bank liaison with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Reviews requests for charitable donations and directs strategic distribution of such contributions.
- Researches complex requests, analyzes and summarizes data for reports and special projects. Produces reports and makes recommendations to senior management on community affairs programs and achievements.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven ability to influence and engage lines-of-business.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the banking industry, CSR as a practice, CRA and related community development issues.
- Ability and desire to engage diverse internal and external partners at various levels.
- Excellent oral, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Capable of functioning in a team environment while executing individual responsibilities.
- Ability to travel 25% of time.
- Advanced business development, public relations and project management skills.
- Management experience with community based programs in the non-profit, government or private sector.
- Experience in service delivery to low to moderate income populations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.