Mission: You are responsible for defining and implementing both the CSR strategy for BNP Paribas in Switzerland and the strategy for the BNP Paribas Swiss Foundation in line with the Group’s respective overall strategies and with the aim to actively promote both strategies and their programs internally as well as externally. To be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable working both independently and within a larger team environment, proactive, solution and results oriented, highly organized with excellent conceptual and project management skills. This position requires an individual who is self-motivated, adaptable, has strong project management, communication and language skills, and the tenacity to see projects through to completion while placing them in a wider context.This role will report directly to the Head of Company Engagement and is responsible for owning projects from beginning to end with minimal oversight.
- Define, implement, coordinate the Bank’s transversal CSR strategy in line with the Group’s CSR strategy and the Bank’s and Business Lines’ strategic ambitions and guidelines including but not limited to the definition, execution and management of the annual action plan and the internal and external promotion of and communication for its projects, the management of the organisation and moderation of the local CSR Steering Committee and the participation in the Group’s CSR Steering Committee, the monthly, half-yearly and annual reporting to monitor, analyse and measure performance, the overall budget management.
- Continually raise awareness for possibilities to increase, improve and optimize the CSR strategy, the Foundations strategy and their programs, promote BNP Paribas and its Foundation internally and externally as a major global economic actor taking a sustainable and inclusive approach to the environmental, societal, technological and economic challenges of our time to have a positive impact and act as its ambassador and knowledge leader; monitor, analyse and measure performance.
- Actively raise and create awareness for opportunities to promote BNP Paribas, its business units and as well as their sustainable finance experts as leader in sustainable finance in the Swiss banking and finance industry and beyond by actively growing the BNP Paribas’ network in the sustainable finance community in all three language regions of Switzerland and ensuring effective branding, awareness building and communications methods and channel adequate coverage / reporting around BNP Paribas’ commitment, progress and performance, internally as well as externally.
- Assume the role and responsibilities of the local OPC CSR, TPRM Referent, Correspondent Instructions.
- Solid understanding of the best practices and fields principles as well as challenges and opportunities related to corporate social impact, corporate philanthropy and CSR, especially for the banking and finance sector with the ability to think creatively for different platforms and audiences and the willingness to remain current on the latest business and market developments.
- Ability to develop successful social impact investment agendas and measurement strategies, to point to tangible, measurable results with corporate social impact, corporate philanthropy and CSR projects and communications and to drive the creation of new engaging projects, partnerships and formats.
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of different and challenging projects through to completion and to help tailoring ideas and solutions to suit the BNP Paribas’, business units’ and different stakeholders’ expectations as well as legal, compliance and regulatory requirements.
Based in Geneva and Zurich, the Company Engagement team supports BNP Paribas in Switzerland's growth and development plan, CSR positioning and ambitions in the country.
EXPERTISE AND SKILLS:
- Integration of ESG challenges (Proficient)
- Natural Capital & Biodiversity (Proficient)
- Event/Seminar Organisation (Proficient)
- Communication Support Creation (Proficient)
- Communication Knowledge (Proficient)
- Social Inclusion (Proficient)
- Editorial Content (Proficient)
- Transition towards Low Carbon Economy (Proficient)
- Ability to anticipate business/strategic evolution (Proficient)
- Ability to embody Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within the Group (Proficient)
- Ability to conduct a negotiation (Proficient)
- Ability to manage a project (Proficient)
- Ability to develop and leverage networks (Proficient)
- Ability to collaborate/Teamwork (Proficient)
- Ability to Deliver/Results Driven (Proficient)
- Communication Skills - Oral & Written (Proficient)
- Organisational Skills (Proficient)
- German (Operational)
- French (Fluent)
- English (Operational)
Tools / technologies / methodologies:
- MS OFFICE PACK MICROSOFT POWERPOINT (Proficient)
- DESIGN Adobe Acrobat Pro (Proficient)
- PERMANENT CONTROL TOOLS (Proficient)
- MS OFFICE PACK MICROSOFT EXCEL (Proficient)
Why join us ?
BNP Paribas in Switzerland is a bank of reference active in Geneva, Zurich and Lugano. It is a major European partner for companies, as well as institutional and private clients. Joining BNP Paribas will give you the opportunity to take part in an authentic company project, in which innovation and career management act as driving forces to help talents emerge, express themselves fully and open up to career opportunities on an international level, by integrating a group that stands as a leader within the Eurozone. Please visit us at BNP Paribas Suisse.
In a changing world, diversity, equity and inclusion are key values for the well-being and the good performance of teams. At BNP Paribas, we wish to welcome and retain all talents, without any distinction: together we will build the finance of tomorrow, innovative, responsible and sustainable.
Finally, we insist on the particular importance of having our employees act daily in a spirit of ethical and professional responsibility.
NB: all terminologies apply in both the feminine and the masculine.