Description - External
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
Within RISK Corporate, the RISK Corporate Senior Credit Officer (SCO) guarantees, for the portfolio which she/he follows, the an independent assessment of the credit risks as well as of the CSR ones throughout the credit process and until the maturity of the credit, in compliance with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
To this effect, and pursuant to the terms and perimeter of her/his credit delegation, the SCO:
- Concurs or not with the Coverage and/or Business Lines Delegation Holders on files presented to Credit Committee, pursuant to an enhance on relevant items,
- Guarantees the conformity of the decisions to the credit and CSR policies and well as the monitoring of the credit portfolio under her/his responsibility by assessing periodically its risk profiles.
Within that frame work, the SCO has the following main missions:
To Guarantee the quality of credit decisions
This encompasses, as a 2nd line of defense, and on the portfolio under her/his responsibility:
- Jointly with Coverage and Business lines teams (and VPG as the case may be)
- The quality of the commitments taken: these commitments should be in line with the Bank's risk appetite principles as well as with the Bank's credit policies and procedure Including Compliance and CSR aspects:
- More specifically on CSR aspects she/he will guarantee the compliance of credit decisions with CSR sectorial policies, exclusion and monitoring lists, Equator principles where relevant as well as Internal procedures including Group CSR procedures and guidelines; will identify and highlights in credit committees CSR matters (by ensuring inter-alia, that CSR screenings are deployed and performed when applicable)
- The satisfactory level of risk anticipation by using external and internal early warning signals, by pro-actively identifying deteriorating risks and closely monitoring Watchlist files and performing or proposing periodic and targeted portfolio reviews;
- The fair valuation of the credit portfolio, specifically so through the provisioning process, but also through the identification of non performing clients and/or forborne exposures
- The adequacy of Ratings and Global Recovery Rates (GRRs) assigned to Corporate clients and exposures, ensuring strong compliance with rating and GRR policies (and ensuring documentation of any deviation);
- The redaction of clear minutes for all committees (including WL&DD committees, CDD and portfolio committees), inter-alia clearly stating RISK Corporate opinion as well as debates with Businesses and/or VPG that might have preceded the file presentation in credit committees
- The use of the adequate level of delegation (Delegation Holder and RISK representative)
- The satisfactory circulation of information between the territories covering her/his geographical responsibilities and HO as well communication between territories and with the relevant sectorial RISK Officer.
More at large, to contribute to a continued strengthening of our overall RISK framework
- To the setting up of the general and specific credit policies, through ad-hoc contributions, and to the dissemination of information on the Bank's desired risk profile to RISK and CIB teams;
- To the determination of country envelopes on risky countries, to the monitoring of the utilizations of these envelopes, and the possible reallocation of these envelopes between the Business lines covered by RISK Corporate;
- To helping ensure that Annual Reviews are performed on yearly basis, in a timely manner, exerting their influence on Coverage and Business Lines and following up on the calendar of reviews with the aim to respect the 0% past-due target
- To the validation process for new products or activities covered by RISK Corporate:
- To the application adaptation and continuing improvement of the credit decision process
- To RISK Corporate permanent control framework and to Corporate Clients continuum initiatives
- Beyond pure credit risk and beyond CSR Risk, SCOs are also asked to contribute to data quality and to the monitoring of operational risk:
- Improving data quality via ensuring the accuracy of key risk parameters in minutes (counterparty ratings, GRRs, country of business, business sector, use of the relevant policies, etc.) and by prompting Business to follow on corrective actions
- Communicating to RISK ORC CIB Any operational risk she/he becomes aware of (potential fraud, breach of security package,..)
- To the continued enhancement of RISK corporate monitoring and anticipation capabilities i.e:
- Detect potential threats on the portfolio that falls under his/her responsibility (sectorial/product/country levels, concentrations,..)
- Contribute to produce dedicated portfolio reviews on Corporate perimeter when requested
- Contribute to RISK Corporate’s monitoring exposures framework (i.e. Portfolio Committees, SPCF,..)
- Contribute to RISK Policy Committees/Strategic RISK Reviews
- Support RISK ERA for stress-testing, modelling and reporting exercises on Corporate perimeter
- Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Decision making
- Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
- Personal Impact/Ability to influence
- Attention to detail/rigor
- Analytical Ability
- Experience from credit analysis