In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
To conduct corporate credit risk analysis
• Gather appropriate client information to be able to present and mitigate risks
• Deliver a complete, synthetic and coherent up-to-date counterparty and credit risk analysis, based on facts and compliant with the Bank’s guidelines
• Complete Credit Proposals enabling the Credit Committee to make an informed decision
• Support the Relationship Manager / Front Officer in credit process-related matters within own scope, including appropriate credit risk ratings recommendation per internal rating policies and methodologies, pricing simulation for assessing the deal economics or exposure management
• Portfolio monitoring (follow-up of financial covenants, risks alert, core data checks)
• Keep updated with credit methodologies and policies
• Share information and develop industry intelligence
• Presentation of Credit Proposals to local Credit Committees
• Meet clients jointly with Relationship Managers, when and where possible, to deepen the understanding of a credit
• Participation in discussions on potential deals.
• Participation in projects linked to improving credit process efficiency
• To contribute to any other portfolio or credit administrative and statistical works as required by management from time to time
• Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1. Minimum 7 years relevant credit analysis experience, preferably in handling large corporates &/or local mid-cap portfolio
2. Solid product knowledge in trade financing & medium term financing
3. Analytical mind, well organized and attentive to details
4. A team player with ability to work under pressure with quick turnaround and multi-tasking
5. Good command of spoken and written English, preferably proficient in Mandarin
6. Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
7. Excel in computer skills – Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
1. University graduate; major in Finance or Accounting & its equivalence
2. ACCA or CFA qualification a plus