In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The Senior Client Referential Officer will assist duties within Client Management Referential team on activities pertaining to signature verification, authorized signatories updates, client and account maintenance inclusive of static data analysis and continuous review and improvement on existing processes with a high awareness of risk.
Client Referential Team engages with all level of management in ensuring client data integrity without compromising on controls across different business lines and products team which are across regions.
The role of the Senior Client Referential Officer is to ensure:
- the referential systems/ static data are kept up-to-date and in timely manner
- procedures exist and are followed and continuously updated to ensure data are recorded in systems in adhering to the instructions from clients/internal departments.
- ensure requests are processed within defined turnaround times, highlight and escalate blocking points to internal stakeholders
- provide status updates regularly on production issues to team manager
- acts as communication bridge between internal clients including relationship managers, customer service department, legal, compliance, IT, KYC Operations teams
- adequate controls over input, transfers between systems, frequency of updates, etc. are in place to ensure the data quality by all members in the team
- all members in the team are aware of changes in the standard operating procedures
- follow up on remediation plans for cleaning up existing data recorded in applications
- drive the global/ regional and local projects for referential perimeter, in accordance with the agreed timetable involving all required stakeholders, with a specific focus in ensuring those projects do not comprise with the team’s mandate and controls
- assist the regional head in executing ad-hoc controls, process improvement, and project initiatives
- assist in regulatory reporting related requests, including data extraction and analysis
- produce KPI reports on the team’s activities and regular controls for management reporting, and follow-up with relevant counterparts to improve on areas where the KPI reports reveal deficiency/inefficiency in our process
- lead regular internal meetings to review on process improvements and performance with both onshore and offshore teams
- ensure new processes are aligned to global and regional referential team’s mandate and target operating model
- contribute to Business Continuity planning and support model if required
- act as Subject Matter Expert to assist regional teams on process clarification and standardization initiatives
- Provide administrative support on client and account maintenance, strictly adhering to internal policies, guidelines and turnaround time. Handle physical documentation review, including storage, record keeping and archival
- Ensure alignment with the bank’s KYC records when administering the client and account records
- Perform regular reconciliations on the client accounts records against the group’s risk and KYC records
- Remediate reconciliation breaks in close co-ordination with multiple internal teams
- Raise and track incidents until closure
- Work collaboratively and closely with internal departments to facilitate client and account data processing and monitoring
- Handle internal clients’ enquiries with responsive action
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Degree holder or equivalent
- Sound knowledge in AML/KYC/Due Diligence
- 5+ years of experience in managing a production environment
- Prior exposure to the financial services industry highly preferred, especially on the corporate banking business / AML / KYC with onshore/offshore support model
- Proficiency in Adobe PDF, MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent communication skills in English and Cantonese. Mandarin and French is a plus.
- Proficiency in Chinese Language is required.
- Not afraid to go the extra mile to achieve goals
- A good team player with pro-active working attitude, open mind-set for change
- Analytical and detailed oriented
- Ability to manage the expectations and tight timeline from internal clients
- Structure and organized in day-to-day work