The Managed Funds team sits within the Operations Division of BNP Paribas Securities Services. They are dedicated to providing a Premier level of service to all clients which invest in Unlisted Unit Trusts (UUTs).
The team is responsible for end to end processes of clients Managed Fund Investments. This broadly covers areas:
- Responsibility for sending trade instructions out to the market in a timely and correct manner on behalf of the Company’s clients.
- Ensuring the settlement of these trades both financially and in the accounting system (Hiport and Pcontrol - FOMS)
- Reconciling both cash and unit positions.
- Sourcing unit prices for all assets held by Company’s clients.
- Capturing and processing all periodic Corporate Action activities.
The Managed Funds team is also responsible for responding to any queries whether placed by external clients or internal teams.
Due to the ever evolving nature of Managed Funds, the Managed Funds team has to be constantly able to evolve and respond to new investment structures and processes.
Summary of the role
The Senior Business Analyst – Managed Funds will report to Managed Funds Manager and is responsible for managing project work streams as directed by the business, BNP project teams or as directed by the Manager. Specifically this will include project analysis, planning, executing and allocation of work tasks to successfully complete the project requirements.
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for the documentation of process maps, standard operating procedures, providing training and roll out of new process, function or application to the team and ensure that the transition of new functions into production BAU is delivered successfully.
The role will primarily manage, facilitate, support or execute BAU and non BAU initiatives including:
• Process improvements
• Project management reporting to key stakeholders
• New client service requests (including product launches)
• Client on-boarding
In successfully completing their roles, they are required to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal ability. Communication occurs with BP2S Clients and vendors as well as Internal regular interactions with BP2S teams from Operations, Relationship Management, Fund Administration, Custody Control, Information Technology and Offshore project teams and Project Managers. They also will deal with complex ad hoc issues or knowledge gaps and will be required to understand the wider business and how Managed Funds product interacts within the business and market.
A valuable and contributing team member, they will demonstrate excellent service and work ethic. They complete their work accurately and on time, in line with operational risk policies, ensuring compliance. They are keen to learn and develop their technical knowledge and skills. As this is a growth business and the volumes handled in this area continue to increase, the ability to see and suggest any opportunities for improvement will be valued. They contribute to and participate in team and related business projects as and when required.
Responsible for evaluating, planning and executing project work as defined by the business requirements within Managed Funds product remit.
Provide support to staff via technical and product knowledge in the following:
- New procedures process and BAU roll out
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Process maps
- New applications or functional changes to existing platforms
Oversee the function and relationship of various parties including Investment managers, fund accountants, unit registry, operational controllers, settlements, Information Technology, Project Managers, Business Analysts etc.
Ensure all internal and external deadlines are met effectively with the highest levels of quality.
Qualification / experience
Minimum of 8 years work related experience in the financial services industry.
Sound technical knowledge in:
- Visio Process mapping
- Business Document writing skills
- Stakeholder Management ability to interact across the business
- Managed Funds trade end to end process
- Managed Funds products, platforms and systems
- Custody, treasury and/or investment management operations
Having a degree qualified in Business, Accounting or related discipline; or relevant work experience in a similar role would be highly regarded
Complete or be undertaking FINSIA
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Expert skills in Visio
- Accountability - Committed to achieving the organization’s objectives. Demonstrates perseverance and is accountable for own actions.
- Attention to detail - Ensures accuracy and implements processes to ensure quality of output. Ensures high personal standards in all areas of work.
- Communication - Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience. Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
- Excellence - Results driven, committed to achieve consistently high standards in people, products and service that will make us the provider of choice for clients, and deliver returns for shareholders
- Innovation - Proactively looks for opportunities for continuous improvement and thinks creatively
- Team Orientation - Works with the team and the broader organization towards shared goals and treats all colleagues and clients as partners
- Planning & Execution - Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages own time and resources to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Client Service – Ability to provide excellence in customer service and management
- Results Focused – Looking to deliver on time and on budget
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize workloads and the team against competing deliverables