In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships. .
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Under the responsibility of the Wealth Management Operations Co-Division Head, the Project Manager / Business Analyst (PM/BA) will structure and lead projects related to Core Banking platforms, Corporate actions processing, payments and reconciliation systems of International Wealth Management activity in Europe and in Asia.
The main missions of the PM/BA will be to:
• Analyze and structure projects and new requirements coming in with all stakeholders in order to propose the best way to deliver appropriate solutions;
• Lead the elaboration of a functional solution with business stakeholders and concerned IT teams
• Lead, with the support of technical teams, the definition of the solution and the implementation roadmap
• Drive the definition of use cases for User Acceptance Test with end users
• Manage all the decision-making and analysis process allowing to design, validate the solution, and get the necessary approvals in terms of architecture, IT risk and IT Security, budget and capacity planning.
• Coordinate the implementation from a project management perspective and ensure the WMIS Project governance is applied at each step
• Ensure that every new solution implemented respects WMIS standards and allows for mutualization / reuse as much as possible between sites. Avoid/minimize specific local solution in favor of standard reusable solution.
The PM/BA will be the privileged contact for user representatives during the analysis and project phases, and will be responsible for all standard PM tasks such as:
• Preliminary studies and analysis
• Planning and budget elaboration and follow-up
• Organize and run dedicated committees (steering committees, project committees, etc), coordinate all teams, from various divisions, working on the same project
• Identify and report on project risks, attention points and issues to follow-up
• Requirements and general functional specifications (GFS): Coordination of workshops, minutes, writing GFS, Review and validation with Sponsors, Presentation and support to Dev Team, etc
• Plan the migration strategy and change management activities related to these new projects
• Coordinate, supervise and contribute to Users Acceptance Tests (UAT) related to new implementations
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
At least 10 years of experience in :
• Banking Industry, as a Business Analyst and as a Project Manager
• Core Banking processes and features :
• Strong knowledge of transaction capture, settlement and accounting booking
• Strong knowledge on Corporate actions processing
• Good knowledge of financial products and on their underlying (Securities, Payments, Money Markets, Foreign Exchange, Credit, Derivatives and Structured Products, Commodities)
• Payment and transaction settlement systems (SWIFT, SEPA, local domestic systems in Europe and in Asia)
• Project Manager role on core banking projects
Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
Strong proficiency with Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Visio
Familiar with project management tools as well as issue and release management, production and support (JIRA, Service Now, PPM tools, etc)