At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact
on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, such
as advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more
small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our
locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect
the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of
BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
(SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are
continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while
contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Inspection Group, as the Bank's
periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses
the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second
lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks. The Senior
Auditor II is primarily responsible for audit execution on areas of assigned
A primary focus for this position
will be to contribute to audit execution covering end-to-end processes of
auditable entities within the Enterprise Risk Management Team (e.g.,
Asset-Liability Management – Treasury, Operational Risk Management, Model Risk
Management, Capital Planning, Capital Markets- Fixed income/Derivatives, and
Incentive Compensation). This individual will work closely with audit
assignment team members to complete each phase of the audit. This will entail
documenting walk-throughs of in-scope processes; assessing the sufficiency and
suitability of controls to mitigate risks; developing audit procedures; testing
the operating effectiveness and sustainability of controls; and drafting
findings and associated recommendations to address identified gaps in the
control environment. This individual will have regular interactions with team
members, process / control owners, and management of business units. The Senior
Auditor will be reporting to an Audit Manager within the Enterprise Risk
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates a strong ability to execute assigned audit
procedures accurately, timely, and with minimal supervision.
- Supports the Head of Assignment by assisting with audit
scoping, planning, evaluating, and reporting.
- Contributes to the completion of continuous monitoring
activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may
impact the timing of the next audit assignments.
- Prepares and updates risk assessments for assigned
auditable entities for supervisory review.
- Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business
corrective actions to address audit recommendations for supervisory
- Exhibits effective written and verbal communication
skills with all levels of management.
- Possesses an understanding of audit, risk, compliance,
banking, and/or product knowledge.
- Executes audit work in accordance with BNPP Inspection
Generale and the Bank of the West Inspection Group policies and
- Other Job Duties
- May be asked to direct the work of more junior staff
members on the audit assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of banking functions typically
obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 4-7 years minimum experience; prior relevant
experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in an applicable and related field
- License(s) or Certifications such as CIA/CPA preferred.
Bank will sponsor if candidate is interested in obtaining licenses/
certification in related field.
- Primary focus of role is on day-to-day execution of
assigned areas of audit responsibilities while demonstrating the ability
to take on additional responsibilities.
- Stays current on industry developments in affected
areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrable strengths in one or more of the following:
- Bank Audit Activities Banking laws and regulations;
asset and liability management; treasury (including derivatives); etc.
- Enterprise Risk Management Activities and practices
for large, complex banking organizations (LCBOs); capital management and
planning; stress testing; model risk governance and management;
operational risk; financial reporting (including FDIC and state call
reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); budgeting; cost
accounting (including transfer pricing and cost allocation); incentive
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal
employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status
protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action
employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject
to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Audit