Controls and Investigation
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
Global Market Securities Settlements team ensures that Security transactions (Bonds, Equities, Complex Securities, ETF, SLAB, Repo..) and positions registered in the books under CIB ITO’s mandate, match the commitment actually taken with counterparties within a secure setup, in accordance with Group and Regulatory Policies and/or contractual agreements.
Within the Securities Settlement Department, the main processes include pre & post settlement activities, clearing, and event-related accounting for securities deemed in scope. The Securities Controls & Investigations – Equities team is in charge of ensuring adequate Control & investigation of cash and securities breaks.
Global Markets Operations – SLAB Controls and Investigation
Business Line / Function:
Controls and Investigation
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Primary responsibilities of the team includes:
- Timely investigation and resolution of cash and securities breaks
- Mitigation of operational and reputational risk by escalating to the appropriate stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner
- Responsible for the settlement of Security transactions & associated products booked in internal systems, on a timely and cost effective basis by:
- Analysis of cash and securities breaks and ensuring that all breaks are identified and properly allocated
- Identification and correct allocation of breaks of different source system, Trade Compare tools (Pirum and Equilend)
- Investigate FOBO breaks and take all appropriated actions and warnings to solve the breaks.
- Identification and follow-up of operational and IT issues related to the activity
- Investigations and reporting on ITO demands
- Reporting and communication to the impacted stakeholders (FO, BO, IT) and management
- Alerts and escalations to the management
- Contribute to the minimisation of settlement costs & operational risk:
- By becoming more risk aware and by following the procedures or Compliance rules that are in place to mitigate operational or reputational risk
- If necessary, using the escalation process when operational risk is detected
- Contribute to the overall successful running of the settlement department:
- By maintaining close relationships with Settlement teams and escalating problems to them promptly where required
- By communicating with, and assisting, other operational departments where needed
- Ensuring direct Managers are kept informed of any potential problems & issues where appropriate
- Process improvements and IT enhancements
- Contribution to projects related to the efficiency of the processes and systems
- Proposing new developments or improvements in the existing chain in order to secure the processes and reduce the operational risk
- Contribution to the team development:
- Formalization of team procedures and operating guides
- Participation of training and coaching for new joiners
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to analyse, organize and report efficiently.
- Flexibility on working methods and changing international environment.
- Rigorous and reactive in order to face pressure and reach excellence anytime
- Diligently follow the set procedures and Compliance policies
- Knowledge of financial markets and products, and easiness/expertise in dealing with Excel.
- English speaker
Minimum of 5 years’ experience