About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 71 countries, with approximately 199,000 employees. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Business Line/Function :
Performance Steering within Finance Shared Services is responsible for accurate and timely management accounting, reporting and budgeting activities.
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The jobholder will be responsible for accurate and timely Revenue management accounting and management reporting. Candidate will also be responsible for reporting and analysis of APAC Revenue at the client, business and contract levels including.
All management reporting is performed in accordance with relevant and applicable instructions, as per the deadlines set forth and with complete audit trail to follow.
Management Accounting & Control Functions
· Manage / perform reconciliation and control checks between revenues in management accounting & financial accounting systems
· Manage / perform adjustments in management accounting system for correct management reporting
· Ensure monthly revenues reporting (Flash/Actuals) & other related management reporting (Cost of Risk/European Central Bank reporting/etc) to Head Office are completed within pre-set deadlines
· Prepare monthly management reports & other related management reporting within pre-set deadlines
· Work closely with regional Meter PMs / Country PMs and Head Office Finance in analyzing business performance
· Manage the limited production process of budget and forecast exercises following HO and Regional PM guidelines
· Provide analysis and response to questions raised by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management
· Ensure the figures reported for the site/s in scope are accurate and compliant with Head Office Management Accounting rules and principles
· Update, maintain and advise on monthly system parameters & referential (i.e. mapping tables) for management reporting
· Manage adhoc assignments as requested by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management.
· Perform sanity checks / high-level reviews of monthly and quarterly reports, raising questions to the senior reporting analysts for further investigation
· Review process documents and keep the procedures for production of all reporting tasks up-to-date
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
· Participate in the upgrades / version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments / enhancements required to facilitate new / modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
· Help formulate system enhancements for operational process improvements in production, control procedures and workflow to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Assisting in integrating and streamlining reporting under the team’s responsibility.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- 2-4 years of experience in a global financial services company
- Prior accounting, management reporting experience desirable
- Excellent PC skills; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
- Working knowledge and understanding of Smartview/Essbase and MS Access desirable
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
CA with 2-4 years of experience in a global financial services company