About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
Prime Solutions and Financing (PS&F) business leverages the banks experienced global team with in-depth market knowledge to provide execution, clearing and financing solutions across asset classes to both Institutional and Hedge fund clients. The Risk Management function within PS&F manages the client financing risk for the business across regions.
The Risk Management team manages the portfolio risk for the business and the amount of leverage that we can offer clients. The team works in close collaboration with other functions within the business (such as sales, securities lending, client management) and with transversal teams such as Credit Risk and Market Risk – 2nd Line of Defense teams. The team in Mumbai will support the desk in effectively managing the client financing risk for the business. Specific responsibilities are listed below.
- Assess, monitor and review portfolio risk; look for changes in strategies/asset mix in client portfolios and identify drivers, trends etc.
- Liaise with the Credit and Market RISK teams in understanding and enhancing the stress methodologies, implement the methodologies in front office risk tools, coming up with various scenario analysis etc.
- Automation tools for risk monitoring; analyzing internal and external client performance, crowding metrics across various dimensions; manage/execute adhoc projects for the risk team.
- Generate accurate risk summaries at position/client account/regional and global level for risk monitoring.
- Analyze major swings in client portfolio and escalate them to management.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Graduate degree in mathematics or engineering with strong analytical skills. Knowledge of finance is a bonus.
- Experience in Python programming, SQL and analytical tools (Tableau etc.) is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, show initiative to engage with teams spread across regions.
- Attention to detail, ability to raise problems immediately to the broader team when necessary
- Experience in Statistics, Data Science would be beneficial.
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 1 year