Job Description – APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank
with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000
employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional
and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their
specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate
& institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as
well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP
Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a
leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers
located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner
various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional
Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals -
Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
Global Market Operations (GMO) covers Front Office activities such as ALM/Treasury and Fixed Income local booking. GMO consists of various streams, Control and Investigations, Settlement, Collateral and Reconciliation. GMO teams are also in regular contact with Capital Market Middle Office, Regional Back Office’s and Regional Finance.
EQD P&L analyst
Business Line / Function:
ITO / ITO – Global Markets
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration
· Provide a daily Economic, Step Reval and Risk Based PNL to each desk and to the Bank’s management.
· Ensure that PNL is accurate and complies with the EQD Business line methodology.
· Ensure that the PNL is calculated from the reference positions and that these positions are real and checked. Escalate any unusual P&L to the desk and management that may indicate a wrong position or transaction in the FO system.
· Run all the required controls on key elements of the PNL
· Document all exceptional PNL moves and adjustments for Management.
· Produce accurate daily analysis of P&Ls to Trading desks and bank's management. This includes the 3 different P&L analysis required by the internal Valuation Policy and Regulators:
· Economic P&L (cash + PV) for Management and Accounting P&L reconciliation (performed by Finance)
· Step Reval P&L for VaR back-testing feeds and contribution to Regulatory ratios (used in the Dodd Franck and French Banking Law ratio calculations)
· Risk based P&L to validate the FO risk and models.
· Responsible for daily and monthly controls on key elements (positions, market data, adjustments, reserves) and liaise with internal departments in case of issues.
· Perform FO/MO reconciliations between Trading P&L estimations at T and Official MO P&L at T+ 1 and both explain and investigate P&L breaks to FO if any.
· Adjust the P&L if necessary to secure correct P&L reporting and document each
· Monitor daily Funding and fees.
· Interact daily with traders to explain the results of their P&Ls and seek their daily sign-off.
· Report, Comment and Validate the P&Ls into the Official Reporting tool
· Monitor and reconcile monthly R-IM and V&RC reserves during EOM process.
· Active follow up on updating documentation.
· Organize a monthly meeting with trading to go through all P&L issues during the last month.
· Escalate issues to management on the fly and via Orus.
· Confirm PV to collateral management.
· Participate to global projects related to MO or P&L processes improvements.
· Participate to local projects related to systems migrations.
· Participate to the improvement of the productivity within the team by proposing initiatives
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
· Strong Equity derivatives products knowledge including its models and valuations and/or strong P&L expertise on other Capital Market products (Rates/FX/Credit etc…)
· Self-discipline and strong autonomy: The candidate must be a self-starter who should be able to work on its own with little supervision.
· Analytical mindset and Attention to detail: Aptitude and desire to understand financial pricing models. Ability to notice any abnormal processes and PNL figures.
· Innovation and initiatives: Demonstrate willingness to constantly improve the status quo.
· Understand the processes in place and evaluate if needed alternative options to do things better (cost - benefits / ROI approaches). Think “outside the box”.
· Adaptability: Ability to adapt to new situations (new booking systems, new products, new activities to manage…)
· Client Focus: Capacity to work with various clients. Act as partnership with them.
· Escalation process / Reporting: Internal rules of reporting and escalation to Finance, MO, and FO are known & applied
Specific Qualifications Required
· A Master degree is required, preferably in Economics or Mathematics.
· Master Excel – Programming skills on VBA-Macros is required.
· Understanding of Derivative Products Pricing methodology and Risk Based P&L
· 5 Years prior experience in Product Control team involving Derivatives Products.
Skills and competencies
· Communication Skills
· Decision Making
· Adaptability & Change Management:
· Ability to develop and leverage networks
· Ability to develop and adapt a process
· Result oriented approach
· Collaborate with remote teams
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)