Job Description – APAC
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To efficiently measure and manage the reconciliation process within BNP ( MO-Derivatives ) . The goal is to match all comparable positions and identify breaks on a daily basis so that they can be categorized and corrected, either with a request to the Client /Investment Manager/Broker, or in the internal system
- Ensure all derivative activities are produced accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that, client issues/concerns are addressed and resolved within the agreed timelines.
- Ensure high level of communication network is established will all the departments within the Business
- Defining the Key Performance Indicators for the process and achieving the same on a regular basis.
- Collating the data and providing MIS to Supervisor in a timely manner.
- ETD margin management and processing.
- Cash Collateral management and processing.
- OTC Coupon processing.
- Processing of accounting entries.
- Contacting custodians on cash settlement on a daily basis.
- Processing Derivative trades in internal systems.
- Providing trade notifications to third parties such as fund trustees.
- Resolving trade-related exceptions.
- Validation of security and trades set up in the Application.
- Reconciliation and Investigation
- Reconciling ETD and OTC positions and cash to clearing brokers.
- Reconciling CFD positions and cash to brokers.
- Reconciling OTC Cash Collateral to Brokers
- Investigating and resolving custodian cash exceptions for all 3 product classes.
- Escalating exceptions to appropriate processing team for resolution.
- Reporting of exceptions in line with internal control and external client requirements.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Thorough understanding of all Capital market, Financial Instruments, Investment baking processes and above average accounting skills
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, and solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Supervise, Monitor, Control and Co-ordinate all activities in the department.
- Lead and motivate the employees in the department
- Identify and develop succession plan.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks, and meets strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS Excel skills required.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Knowledge on OTC and ETD products
- OTC – Swaps (IRS, CDS, CDX, Overnight Index, Inflation and Total Return), Swaptions, Options.
- ETD – Futures and options on all major exchanges globally.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Candidates should be willing and flexible to work in any shifts