Senior Associate – Fund Accounting
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented senior accountant to join our growing organization. In this position, you will handle all accounting operations within the fund accounting department, verify transactions, reconciliation for cash balance and process and review net asset value of the funds administered by BNP Paribas. You must have a keen attention to detail and maintain account balances, financial statements, general ledger, and all reports.
- Acquire complete understanding of NAV Calculation & its related functions with various parties involved. For example: Custody, TA, Pricing, Corporate Actions, etc.
- Become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the process by acquiring complete knowledge of NAV Calculation Processing & Review across all funds & instruments types.
- Should be able to handle different types of instruments and understand their impact on NAV.
- Ensure all reconciliation breaks in TA, Cash & Stock are validated and justified for each calculated NAV.
- Ensure NAV calculations are produced in a timely manner as per SLA. Completeness of NAV packs includes accurate report generation, timely delivery of reports, scanning & archiving.
- Support in preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai.
- Consistently evaluate the documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties may arise from time to time, mainly on month ends & year ends.
- Ensure review of critical queries before sent. Where issues/errors arise ensure detailed analysis of issues and clear understanding is gained before responding to client, spoke or other parties.
- Identifying the staff training requirement & ensure all the necessary training has been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks
- Ensure ISAE3402 checks are understood and followed. 100% compliance is must for all NAV packs.
- Inform & document all errors identified during review stage within same day. Should take initiative in resolving any repetitive errors or training gaps.
- Act as a back-up in the absence of other team members & Supervisor.
- Identify the manual steps, process efficiencies & developments, by providing practical ideas on areas of improvements & work towards its automation.
- Ensure to minimize the unplanned leaves, especially during business critical days, like month end, rollover days and migration of new funds.
- Adhere to Quality of 100% while producing & reviewing NAVs.
- Ensure there is NO Financial impact/loss to the organization.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to communicate to others in a clear, articulate fashion.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good listening and questioning ability.
- Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations
- Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Must have an attention to detail
- Generate creative solutions to problems.
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution.
NAV calculation and review experience minimum of 2 year in the past
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
NAV calculation and review experience minimum of 2 year in the past.