Job Description – APAC
Business Line / Function:
INVESTMENT AND FUND SERVICES OPERATIONS
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Working as a member of Transfer Agency in Chennai.
- The TA team will be responsible for processing Subscription, Redemptions, Switch & Transfer for Hedge Funds, where Asian clients are investing in them.
- The candidate will also be responsible for inputting and generating reports to be filed with various regulators.
- Acquire complete understanding of the TA process & its related functions with various parties involved. For example: Custody ,cash processing, NAV, etc.
- Strive to become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the process by acquiring complete knowledge of TA processing across all funds .
- Order collection and ensure completeness
- Verify client signature
- Prepare the order for input into BP2S systems
- Carry of checks on the order form.
- Follow up issues with the spoke team and with Client.
- Trade input / checking to BP2S core system
- Perform control procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Generation of reports on daily & monthly basis to the Client.
- Dealing with adhoc requests from client and / or other BP2S locations.
- Adhere to quality SLA .
- Adhere to timeliness SLA .
- There should be no incidents logged on activities performed.
- Regular follow-up on Partial payments to be done diligently and should be highlighted to supervisor for further escalation in case break not cleared.
- Be pro-active in developing customer relations by understanding and responding to customer needs
- Strive continually for customer satisfaction
- Try to identify the real needs of the customer, including those not necessarily stated
- Deliver very high quality results
- Ensure to complete ad-hoc duties which may arise from time to time, mainly on First and Last week of the month and system down-time scenarios.
- Monitor the respective group mail box and respond efficiently to the queries.
- Required to plan leaves in advance as per GSO policies and keep a tab on unplanned leaves.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks and meets strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS Excel skills required.
- Should be self-motivated and energetic.
Risk and cost awareness
- Identify risks and promote risk-mitigation processes
- Identify potential cost-savings and promote cost-efficient processes while maintaining quality and risk controls
- Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals
- Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate to others in a clear, articulate fashion
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good listening and questioning ability
- Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations
Planning & Organising
- Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritise workload
- Ability to work in an organised manner
- Must have an attention to detail
Continuous Improvement and adaptation
- Generate creative solutions to problems
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Any graduate profile with excellent communication and analytical skills and basic knowledge on financial and capital markets.
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)