Job Description – APAC
Business Line / Function:
FTCA, Derivatives reporting & reconciliation (d2r)
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Replacement FTE - Senior Associate for performing OTC Derivatives Reporting and Reconciliation services. Senior Associate will be responsible for performing daily tasks related to reporting of OTC derivatives transactions, Valuation and Collateral to DTCC for various regulations, and performing bilateral reconciliation with the brokers for OTC positions in Tri Resolve. He/ She will be working closely with off-shore management, Account managers, internal and external stakeholders as part of their daily tasks and will report to the Assistant Manager in Chennai. The staff will be working closely with all internal teams, Paris and local management as part of their daily BAU. Candidate with good functional understanding of the OTC derivative business along with basic knowledge on OTC products & regulatory requirements is required.
- Reconcile valuation and material trade terms trade data with counterparties in compliance with the compliance set forth by EMIR regulation.
- Research and identify the cause of the breaks.
- Work with appropriate party to amend the breaks.
- Evidence the cause of the breaks and its resolution.
- Manage and monitor dispute investigation and escalations.
- Ensured that OTC trades, Valuation and Collateral are reported to Trade Repository (DTCC).
- All Nacks/Rejection are actioned and resubmitted to DTCC
- Reconcile the DTCC position with Client position to ensure that all position are in line.
- Escalating exceptions to appropriate processing team for resolution.
- Reporting of exceptions in line with internal control and external client requirements.
- Contributing to the team success.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, and solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks, and meets strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS Excel skills required.
- Experience of operations in a Fund Management, Custody or Hedge Fund environment.
- Extensive experience of working within Derivative operations.
- Thorough understanding of all Derivative product classes.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)