The Equity Capital Markets (“ECM”) Group’s mandate is to originate, structure, underwrite and execute equity transactions in support of corporate issuers, financial sponsors, and shareholders. ECM’s capabilities include 1) Initial Public Offerings (“IPOs”); 2) Follow-On Equity Offerings (“FOs”), including primary and secondary offerings; 3) Equity Private Placements, including Private Investments in Public Equity (“PIPEs”); and 4) Advisory roles, covering topics including monetization strategies and corporate actions such as spin-offs.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
Equity Capital Markets is a key growth area for BNP Paribas in the Americas and globally. Already a top player in Europe, senior management is highly focused on building a top-tier ECM platform in the US. We provide equity financing solutions with global distribution capabilities, leveraging equity capital markets and equity sales platforms across the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Through coordinated efforts with Corporate and Institutional Banking, we provide best in class equity solutions to American as well as cross-border clients. You’ll be helping to pursue and build client relationships, developing marketing materials for clients, managing live deal execution processes, and contributing to the continued growth of BNP Paribas’ US equity platform.
At the senior analyst / associate level, you should expect to gain experience in client facing interaction through both client pitches as well as live deal execution. You should expect to have the opportunity to develop direct relationships with corporate and/or institutional clients, and to take ownership of specific deal origination and execution processes. Given senior management’s focus on growing the ECM business, you should expect a high level of visibility within the firm and the opportunity to work with senior deal team members.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
This is a role for an experienced ECM analyst and/or associate which should provide the opportunity to continue developing the ECM product and client relationship skills needed to develop into a successful mid-level and senior banker. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with sharp analytical skills and the ability to articulate ideas well-to clients and colleagues alike.
- 2-4 years’ experience within an equity capital markets role
- Strong level of accounting and corporate finance knowledge, including financial modeling capabilities
- Strong knowledge of and interest in the equity markets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of excel
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities at one time
- Capacity to handle potentially intense working hours
- Some experience within ECM execution or syndicate a plus, but not required
- Established client relationships with corporates and/or institutions a plus
FINRA Registrations Required:
· Series 63, 79 (to be obtained within 120 days of joining)
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
· Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
· Not Applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position in New York at the analyst level is between $105,000 to $110,000 annually and at the associate level is between $175,000 to $200,000. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose - to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.