BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and a key player in international banking. We operate in 65 countries and employ 190,000 people, including nearly 145,000 in Europe. Our Group holds key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services; Investment & Protection Services; and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) for corporate and institutional clients.
Our Securities Services business, which forms part of CIB, is a leading global custodian providing specialist post-trade and asset servicing solutions to buy and sell-side market participants, corporates and issuers. Based in 35 locations around the world, our award-winning Securities Services teams have built one of the most extensive custody network in the industry, giving clients the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-changing world.
The Middle Office department core function is to provide administration activities which support our clients start of day position.
The Income team sits within the Middle Office Asset Servicing department, and is responsible for timely and accurate identification and processing of income events for UK & overseas investments for institutional investors, across various asset types, including; bonds, equities and CFD’s. The team ensure the correct terms of the event are captured and that the event is processed for accurate valuation and timely settlement, resolution of any stock & cash reconciliation breaks, and ongoing interaction with a number of custodians.
The key function of the role is to lead & support the day to day production activity of a team within the department ensuring client commitments are met. You will also support the team manager in managing all aspects of team performance & check and oversee the work of team members.
Client Service Delivery and Controls
• To ensure a high quality client service is delivered to all clients, including mailbox management, attendance on client calls and prep
• Ensure the service level provided by the team adheres to the Client Service Delivery agreements including strong understanding of department KPIs and where the team have a direct impact of NAV/SOD
• Ensure adherence to core standard operating models
• Build strong, professional relationships with clients and be an ambassador for BNP Paribas
• Develop internal stakeholder relationships with the wider team as well as general business support
• Support external counterparty relationships e.g. Brokers, Custodians & Industry bodies including proactive updates to TPRM log and support to TPRM and TPRM rep community to ensure accuracy of performance feedback
Continuous Improvement & New Business
• Generate ideas for improvements to systems and processes in support of client requirements and BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking objectives. Support the development and implementation of such improvements.
• Involvement in the design and implementation of resilient processes and systems to support new/changes to business products including mandatory changes to market/governance and regulations
• Innovate & challenge status quo within the governance and framework of our change program
• Be a subject matter expert in your team
• Ensure adherence to the risk and control framework to manage risk effectively & efficiently within the team
• Ensure an effective and robust governance structure is in place for the team
• Ensure compliance and adherence to the department procedures and control framework
• Support business contingency plans as required
• Ensure adequate internal controls are in place to mitigate operational risk.
• Ensure that internal and external audit/compliance/risk requirements are met.
Staff Management and Development
• Provide feedback on staff within the team to support their technical and personal development
• Support cross training
• Ensure appropriate T&C oversight within team
Strategy and Governance
• Contribute to raising the profile of the UK branch of BNP Paribas Securities Services.
• Corporate Action/Income experience
• Strong risk management awareness
• Involvement in or lead on change initiatives
• Strong client service skills
• Market expertise
• Accounting Practices
• Language Skills
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 12%, private healthcare, GP service and dental cover all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance so in addition you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits such as cycle to work and green car leasing schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : Gestion des opérations
Maillons indispensables au bon fonctionnement de notre Groupe, les métiers de Gestion des opérations visent à garantir la satisfaction de nos clientèles et de nos équipes au quotidien. Une activité stimulante, qui fait rimer efficacité et esprit d’équipe.En savoir plus
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.