At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for supervising retail sales employees within SBA lending. Fully maintains the integrity of the loan origination process and has a thorough understanding of loan submission procedures. Assures that quality service is provided to the internal and external customers on an unlimited basis.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Supervises sales personnel including hiring, performance management and evaluation of business development officers and sales/support staff.
Manages quality control within the sales function. Ensures that loan files are forwarded to the loan center with no material errors or missing documentation. In addition, ensures that loan submissions are within credit guidelines with a target approval rate of 70%.
Reviews business development officers' loan submissions for compliance with SBA and commercial loan underwriting and eligibility standards. Identifies areas of weakness and provides training to business development officers to eliminate inefficiencies to the bank.
Communicates effectively with sales personnel, credit personnel and processing personnel to assure the monthly funding objectives are satisfied.
Researches, collects and disseminates procedural changes affecting SBA loan programs.
Provides secondary assistance during peak volume or vacation periods.
Achieves the required loan production objectives within the parameters of current credit policies and practices and pricing authorities.
Manages marketing, travel and entertainment expenses for the sales function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in one department.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 10-12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of small business and owner-occupied commercial and real estate lending as it pertains to originating loans and loan structuring.
- Experience in financial statement analysis.
- Working experience in SBA and other government-assisted lending programs with knowledge of SBA standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of commercial and real estate loan processing.
- Knowledge of personal computer software (Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, and related software).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, organize and coordinate multiple tasks and to follow through to completion.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-SacramentoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales and Sales Related