Your Main Activities Are
- Obtain all necessary information and documentation in compliance with Group policies and procedures
- Contact local sites to gather some documentation, if needed
- The investigations usually contain, without limitation, the following information when applicable
- Documentary evidence of the economic purpose of the transaction
- Originator or Beneficiary information (if unavailable, information provided by the correspondent)
- Origin or destination of the goods
- KYC elements
- Reliable open-source information obtained from the Internet, e.g. screen shots of webpages
- Vessel registration documentation
- Transportation documents
- Any missing documentation related to the transaction
- In accordance with the four-eye control process and upon obtaining this information, Level B1 must escalate all alerts to Level B2, including a recommendation whether the alert can be cleared or not as well as all necessary information and supporting documentation
- When escalating the file to B2 , B1 must express an advice on the recommended decision and highlight the point(s) of attention / doubt. Further information/ documentation can be requested by B2 upon request
- A single SWIFT message could result in one or multiple hits, as for example name related hit, country hit, etc. B1 is required to check and identify all hits filtered by the system and ensure all of them are addressed to B2. B1 must always provide an explanation for each individually and a global advice (either positive or negative) on the alert
- Depending on the alert category, B1 will be either request to provide an advice based on factual elements and recommend whether the alert can be clear or not; or to advise whether all documentation/information requested by B2 has been successfully completed
Profile and Skills to Success
- Fluent in English (excellent oral and written communication)
- Good knowledge of payments operations
- Good knowledge of Group guidelines on compliance hits management
- Ability to work with remote teams across multiple locations
- Risk oriented profile with strong analytical and investigation skills, strong attention to details
- Rigorous, well-organized with a structured and logical approach
- Client oriented and high level of integrity
- Excellent team spirit
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Understanding and experience in compliance hit management would be an advantage
- Tools: FIRCOSOFT, ATLAS II/ORION, VIGILANCE, PCM, YELLOW, SATURN, SIBES, FLIGHTRADAR 24
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : Finance d'entreprise
On entend par « Finance d’entreprise » l’ensemble des métiers qui permettent de gérer les finances internes de BNP Paribas, cruciaux pour maintenir la solidité et la position de leader du Groupe sur ses marchés.En savoir plus
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.