About the job
- The role is within the Front Office and will require to work alongside the REPO Sales teams across Europe, with a high number of trades executed every day. The Sales Assistant is responsible for booking trades and coordinating with Back Office teams for smooth settlements, to ensure a high level of post-trade service to all Clients
Your Main Activities Are
- Providing general support to a busy desk of Sales people
- Acting as a point of contact for internal and Clients’ Back-Office, Middle-Office and Front Office
- Ensuring SSIs are up to date
- Acting as a liaison between operational departments (internal and external)
- Assisting with the on-boarding of new Clients and Accounts
- Trade booking, allocation and confirmation duties include
- Ensuring trades are split/allocated according to client requirements and amending repo trades where required
- Amending settlement methods according to back office instructions
- Resolving all queries related to the desk’s trades and escalating to the marketer where necessary
- Ensuring settlement of trades by solving any issue with the trades
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Management, Economics or related area
- Fluency in English both oral and written (mandatory)
- Ethical conduct and decisions are expected in the role
- A conscientious attitude to clients, work and BNP Paribas
- Respecting fundamental risk concepts. Always consider risk in daily activities and abide by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities and Guidelines
- Understand the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risk of transactions and relationships
- Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework
- Attend relevant training courses to maintain appropriate regulatory, products and technical skills
- A structured, methodical and organized approach to work
- Entrepreneurial, energetic, positive attitude and commercial mindset
- Ability to solve a number of problems simultaneously is essential, as well as the capacity to work under considerable pressure
- Lateral thinker identifying useful information and navigating obstacles and barriers
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever-changing environment
About the Team
- Assistant team aims to accompany the continuous enhancement of the quality of service provided to our clients, notably post-trade services. The trading and Sales assistant team is the key contact for external clients but also for other BNPP functions
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.