About the job
The Lisbon EQD Execution Sales Assistant is part of a global sales workforce in charge of selling Structured Products and Derivatives Products in particular to clients used to trade standardized products on a reverse inquiry mode. His missions are diverse from assisting and supporting the other front office members in their day-to-day activity to focusing on automation and transformation projects.
The team in Lisbon is organized in sub-scopes, each servicing different EQD Sales desks across the different geographies of the global EQD franchise. For this specific position, we are looking for someone that will work within the EMEA EQD Distribution Team about the Nordics and Dutch markets primarily.
Your Main Activities Are
- Pre-Trade Tasks, such as interacting with Sales and sometimes Clients to finalize their on-boarding, preparing in coordination with the Sales some marketing documents/pitches/emails and making sure we are ok to trade prior to do so (Compliance/Credit/etc..)
- Post-trade Tasks, such as finalizing booking of Traded deals in the Sales upstream system, interacting with all of the internal stakeholders regarding any traded deal: MO, BO, Legal, Compliance and Fees and interacting with Clients and Client Services, regarding any traded deal
- Digitalization and Transformation, giving an active contribution to the development of the Bank's tool to enchance pre-trade (onboarding, pre-trade checks and limits) as well as post-trade (booking, PnL and risk management) processes and systems, continuously escalading feedback and improvement ideas to increase streamlining of the workflow and is in charge of suggesting and driving digitalization projects and implementing them in the day to day
- Processing Clients’ Reverse Inquiry Flow about Structured Products and Derivatives such as pricing (or liaising with Structuring to price) requested products
Profile and Skills to Success
- Educational background: Engineering, Finance or Economics Bachelor Degree
- Previous experiences: not mandatory but strongly appreciated
- Interest in Financial Markets (with focus in Derivatives and Structured Products)
- Competencies such as multi-tasking and methodological skills alongside high level of attention to detail, adaptability and Resilience, ability to develop and leverage internal networks and an innovative mind-set good communication skills, proactive attitude
- Excellent fluency in English. Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian or Dutch are a plus
- Computer skills: Office Suite / Coding skills like VBA & Python are a plus
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 68 countries, with around 193 000 Employees – including more than 148 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.