At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
This is a senior level Portfolio Management position within the Equipment Financing Division of Bank of the West. The role is responsible for leading Collections, Special Assets collections, Asset Management, Portfolio Analytics, and Data modeling teams. As a seasoned leader, the incumbent will have a strong background in the disciplines noted above with experience working in a collections and workout environment, asset management residual and end of term activity, credit scorecard data modeling, and exposure to both credit underwriting and risk management. Incumbent will ensure policies, procedures, and the right tools are in place to ensure sound risk management and portfolio quality. Incumbent will confidently exercise delegation authority. Incumbent works in partnership with Sales, Credit, Risk, and other partners to monitor and manage portfolio risk.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversight of Collections, Special Assets collections, Asset Management, Portfolio Analytics, and Data Modeling teams
- Provide ongoing coaching and leadership support to a team of 6 direct reports.
- Ownership for credit scorecard model, third party modeling resources, and ongoing model validation.
- Manage portfolio data and deliver reporting required for portfolio monitoring, management decision making, and risk assessments.
- Develop and maintain portfolio management policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Manage portfolio forecasting, vintage analysis, and portfolio quality assessments
- Maintain a sound governance and compliance process and team mindset.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across BOTW to create data transparency, leverage best practices, align to various reporting systems, and input data into broader BOTW portfolio reporting.
Other Job Duties
- Lead or participate in key projects as required
- Member of Equipment Finance Division executive team
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 12+ years of demonstrated managerial leadership
- Mastery level knowledge of the job functions within span of control
- Customer centricity
- General Administrative/Technical Skills Proficient knowledge of financial services used by commercial customers.
- Proficient knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Proficient written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated experience in financial projection modeling and data analytics.
- Demonstrated experience in portfolio management and quality control.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to perform independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Good organizational skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.