* 4 month Internship
About the job
- CCPs are market entities who work as “Central Counterparties”, becoming the buyer to every seller and the seller to every buyer, ensuring the completeness of every transaction. CCPs main responsibility is to reduce counterparty risk and is composed by Clearing Members that trade on margin. This means that CCPs need to charge the correct amount of collateral to cover portfolio potential losses upon market stress scenarios that can result in one or multiple counterparty defaults. The determination of this potential loss, also named value-at-risk (VaR), derives from mathematical principles and is calibrated to certify the existence of enough resources in the face of an extreme scenario while also avoiding over collateralization of the market participants
- CCPs presence ensures a higher degree of market transparency and reduces the probability of systemic risks and potential large-scale deleterious effects, such as the global 2008 economic crisis with the collapse of Lehman Brothers. CCPs evaluate the market dynamics continuously and certify that the amount of collateral contributed by any participant is sufficient to cope with ongoing stress scenarios. CCPs presence has shown to be critical for a less severe market “environment” during the recent Covid-19 crisis and the ongoing energy market turmoil
Your Main Activities Are
- The Junior Credit Analyst will participate on Internal Reviews of Counterparty Clearing Houses (CCPs) Margin Algorithms and receive training on the topic of market risk
- Conduct Duo-Diligence on CCPs and other market infrastructures that require Risk quantitative analysis
- Participate in internal ad-hoc requests, where vision and backtesting of CCPs margin algorithms is relevant
- Develop a good knowledge of financial markets Risk framework
- Guarantee an objective, qualitative and synthetic Risk analysis (Annual review, ad hoc, credit notes, comparative analysis) in the timeframe allocated for each CCP and side projects
- Guarantee a neutral position when attributing an Internal Rating Score to each CCP
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree/MSc/Master 2 from an Engineering or Mathematical field or other relevant areas with sound quantitative and programming background
- English (fluent)
- Strong analytical and programming skills
- Adaptability and proactivity
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Self-driven and organized
- Rigorous and reliable
- Enthusiastic about Financial markets
About the Team
- The CCP Data Analyst will work as part of the integrated “RISK I2S Market Infrastructure” team. The Market Infrastructure team provides a holistic view of risks facing market infrastructures, by integrating counterparty credit risk analysts, as well as quantitative analysis within the team. It is a global team with a presence in Lisbon, London, Paris, New York and Hong Kong
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.