BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
mission of the RISK function
To advise the Bank on risk appetite definition
To contribute as an objective “second pair of eyes”
that risks taken on by the Bank align with its policies
To report and alert Bank Management of the status of risks
to which the Bank is exposed
To contribute to the development and growth of the
risk culture within the Group
Within the RISK ERA department, RISK Strategic Analysis and Reporting (RISK SAR) consists in servicing the Chief Risk Officer, the General Management and the Board, as well as the RISK business domains, for each type of risk on 4 themes: Data management, Risk regulatory requests, Portfolio and strategic risk analyses, Capital calculation for market, counterparty and operational risk.
RISK SAR is a worldwide department, located in Paris, London, Brussels, New York, Hong Kong and Lisbon.
Data Management is in charge of implementing the data management framework, in consistency with the BCBS 239 regulation (Basel Committee on Banking Supervision), for credit risk and operational risk which encompass the followings:
Support RISK ERA SAR to analyze data
Set up controls on data for credit and operational risk
Provide to internal clients, agile data environment for credit risk and
operational risk and to implement automated solutions for analysis and capital calculation
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will integrate the RISK ERA SAR department in Lisbon and you will contribute to the Data Servicing and Solutions deliverables. In this position, you will be particularly in charge of:
During your integration programme, you will participate to training sessions and you will work closely with the RISK SAR teams, clients, contributors to develop your technical / functional knowledge and your network.
What are the interests of the mission?
- You will work in a dynamic and international place
- You will contribute actively to the transformation of the RISK function
- You will become an expert of the data crunching through SAS and TABLEAU
- You will boost your knowledge on the risk management
- You will acquire strong skills for the analysis of the data quality issues
- You will develop your knowledge of the Group and its activities
- You will extend your network through BNP Paribas
- Master degree
- For Junior profile (willingness to consider recent graduates) with strong desire to learn
- 1st experience on BI tools (e.g. BO, Cognos, TABLEAU...)
- 1st experience on programming languages (R, Python)
- Strong knowledge on SAS programming (expert) is expected for senior profile
- Data request skills with SQL
- Knowledge on Basel regulation and/ or credit risk products (corporate, retail...) is appreciated
- Fluent in English, French appreciated
- Rigorous mindset to work on data model
- High quality of deliverables in tight deadlines
- Capacity to work in project mode
- Client's oriented
- Capacity of innovation and adaptation in a transversal environment
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.