About the job
The “Complex and Strategic Activities and Transactions Team”, within RISK Global Markets, is a transversal team responsible for the following:
- Approval Gateway- Serve as the entry point for new Transactions and Activities requests
- Detection and Anticipation- Early detection and anticipation of material, Structural, and Exotic risks
- Risk Management- Direct oversight of Liquidity and xVA risk management
- Governance- Ensure adequate and prudent governance
The Team’s scope is Global Markets Business and Transversal Lines: Primary & Credit Trading; Equity Derivatives; FXLM.COMM; G-10 Rates; Prime Services & Financing; GM ALM Treasury and Cross Valuation Adjustments. Additionally, it also covers equity and bond underwriting within Capital Markets.
The Team’s mission is to analyse activities/transactions from a counterparty risk (PFE profiles, CSA mechanism, SPVs…), market risk (e.g. when specific model, profit recognition or liquidity risk appear), structural (waterfall structure analysis, legal definition) and reputation & suitability perspective.
Lisbon Hub comprises 25+ people, working globally with all areas of RISK Global Markets: Quant, Transformation, Counterparty & Market risk. It is a dynamic and fast evolving team, with strong relationships with all RISK GM locations.
Your Main Activities Are
- Contributing to the risk management tasks of the team such as reporting to senior management, performing stress testing and market risk analysis.
- Coordination with RISK GM and GM stakeholders to drive the analysis, monitoring and reporting of positions under the scope.
- Contributing to projects & developments on transversal risk topics related to cross valuation adjustments and liquidity. This includes contribution to, and ongoing improvement of, the overall existing risk framework (Stress Tests, position and limit monitoring, valuation, VaR, liquidity gapping, etc.) as well as performing ad-hoc analysis.
- Provide regular update on the main liquidity metrics (LCR, Cash consumption, repo balance sheet, inventory,etc…) and their evolutions as well as some analysis on the main drivers of the change.
Profile and Skills to Success
- The candidate should have a solid quantitative background with 2 to 5-years previous hand-on experience, preferably in a market risk role capacity
- Excellent knowledge of financial products, derivative instruments and the associate main risk drivers
- Solid technical skills, aside from MS Office tools (w/VBA) ) also experience in the use of Python programing language and also preferrably R.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Business Mathematics or Financial Engineering
- Strong work ethics; Display exemplary conduct, good judgement and integrity
- Language: Fluency in English (verbal and written) is essential
- Steady personality, well organized and analytical approach
- Effective Presentation and Interpersonal Skills
The candidate will benefit from on-the-job training and frequent interactions with staff in London and Paris.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 68 countries, with around 193 000 Employees – including more than 148 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.