In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
RISK ALMT teams contributes to the definition of the risk framework surrounding ALM-T activities and Group‘s liquidity management. RISK ALM-T and Liquidity also independently assess and monitor the Bank’s balance sheet liquidity risk management and the structural interest rate and FX risk framework.
The team belongs to the 2nd Line of Defence and is in charge of independently challenging and supervising the Operational Risk management of the 1st Line of Defence. It has the key role to provide relevant senior management (Global /Regional / Local) a synthetic, transparent, exhaustive, and consistent front to back view of Operational RISK across ALM-T in APAC.
• Contribute to the definition of the risk framework surrounding ALM-T APAC activities (risk policies, procedures, model implementation, limits/guidelines, liquidity objectives, prospective scenarios and overall governance), in order to efficiently manage the risks.
• Market, IRRBB, FXBB and liquidity risk limits quantification and monitoring by investigating, explaining and reporting all excesses over the limits. Full limits review will be performed on an annual basis
• Coordinate ALM-T risk management with North Asia local sites
• Coordinate the compliance of North Asia ALM-T activities with Banking Laws
• Review regulatory metrics for ALM-T APAC and interact with local supervisors as required.
• Check the accuracy of the risk systems to represent ALM-T local risks.
• Assist the central Models team in reviewing new models and methodologies used by APAC ALM-T and perform regular checks that existing local model assumptions and parameters are still relevant.
• Contribute to the intraday liquidity risk management framework and methodology currently being worked on by PLM team in ALM-T APAC.
• Ensure proper roll out of the Operational Risk (OR) framework at ALM-T APAC level.
• Proactively supervise the permanent control and the OR measurement & management framework & processes.
• Definition of the HI collection and PI normative framework and validation.
• Critical analysis of the risks and of the control framework as assessed by ALM-T
• Participate to global watch performed by Group especially on internal best practices, specific regulatory evolutions.
• Validate key procedures exemptions within the scope.
Supervision of 1st line
• Assist and advise the 1st Line of Defence in APAC on the extension of OR framework, and ensure its compliance with Group, ALM-T guidelines, as well as its appropriate calibration to manage key risk areas
• Support 1st Line of Defence (LoD1) on OR matters
• Proactively disseminate OR culture within the APAC community, and develop a strong partnership with LoD1 key stakeholders
• Impulsion of generic 2nd level control plan establishment and remediation action plans.
• Follow up of actions in order to take proper mitigation of risks.
• Alert on attention points resulting from 1st & 2nd level controls.
• Thematic reviews, local assessments and check and challenge on specific RISK areas.
Check & Challenges
• Critical analysis on HI collection & follow up on related action plan.
• Challenge LoD1 controls and remediation actions plans.
• Participation to Steering Committees or relevant committees if any, IAC, TAC NAC and provides comments on OR.
• Ensure the correct implementation and application of Group & APAC governance (e.g. in terms of ICC and OR related committees, delegations of authority).
• Act as the key SPOC within the RISK ORC community on OR related to ALMT.
• Contribute to RISK ORC Group & APAC initiatives (e.g. projects).
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• In-depth relevant metier, products and processes knowledge
• Proven experience of the operational control agenda
• Sensitivity and/or experience in operational RISK
• Basic knowledge of regulatory requirements
• Analytical skills & synthesis ability
• Strong adaptability & Attention to details
• Strong interpersonal skills (communication, negotiation, influencing skills)
• Fluent English, Asian language is a plus
Specific Qualifications Required
• University graduate with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in risk management, control function, preferably with relevant exposure to consulting or audit background.
• Prior experience or practical understanding in previous roles may include but not limited to Front/Middle/Back Office role(s).