At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
- Vice President –Basel III Regulatory Reporting
The Finance group at BNP Paribas North America (BNPP NA) is responsible for overseeing the accounting, financial and regulatory reporting for the firm. BNP Paribas Finance North-America is engaged in the implementation of the Fed’s Enhanced Prudential Standards for Foreign Banking Organizations.
The regulatory reporting department is specifically responsible for the regulatory reports that are submitted to the Federal Reserve Bank, various State banking departments, Cayman Islands Monetary Authority and the U.S. Department of Commerce by all U.S. branches and agencies, including its subsidiaries and special purpose entities, and ensuring that there is a sustainable control environment around the respective regulatory reporting.
The retail and Capital workstream Lead will support efforts to ensure BNP Paribas is in compliance with capital planning requirements and regulatory checks. Key responsabilités will include:
Basel III Support:
- Adherence to Head Office level standards and applicable E.U. regulations
- Support the compliance of the US platform with new Basel III requirements driven by the implementation of the EPS
- Computation of the Risk Based Capital ratio under the standardized approach
- Support market risk capital calculations across all in-scope desks & products and select legal entities within the Firm
Facilitate communication and report delivery across the Regulatory Reporting group:
- Perform duties involved with the preparation of Risk Weighted Assets and Risk Based Capital calculation and reporting
- Effective communication and coordination with other actors involved in the close processes
- Contribute to maintenance of the tools and processes for Risk Weighted Assets and Risk Based Capital calculation and reporting.
- Support CCAR program for spot RWA and Regulatory Capital calculation and reporting
- Support that US Basel III policies are consistently applied across various businesses
Liaise with key stakeholders and partners within the organization:
- Coordinate across teams to establish effective reconciliations and controls processes over RWA and RBC ratios
- Perform analyses and contribute to resolution of reconciliation breaks
- Serve as the point-of-contact between the Regulatory Reporting Department and Data Governance for all data programs (i.e., DQIP, Data Trace, Data Operations, etc.)
Provide ad hoc support on special topics across the department:
- Participate in projects, as required, for new initiatives, process improvements or technology implementation and development
- Participate in bank internal audits
- Upon assignment, have a willingness to perform duties outside of the current scope that would support the team
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Financial Reporting, Accounting, Regulatory Reporting or equivalent functions
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, in Accounting or Finance required
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of capital adequacy requirements (Basel III) and RWA calculations
- Strong regulatory and financial reporting knowledge prevalent in banking/financial institutions
- Public accounting and financial statement preparation experience is preferred
- Knowledge of FBO and IHC requirements is preferred
- Knowledge of Moody’s Analytical will be a plus
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Advanced technical skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Change management and analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships across functional teams, detailed-oriented, and strong leadership skills
- Data analysis and SQL experience
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **