BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
FO I.T. Client and Sales Facing is an IT group providing applications to the Investment Bank Global Markets Front Office for e-Commerce of both EQD and Fixed Income products. It comprises approximately 250 people across London, Paris, New York and Mumbai. Amongst other things, this group is responsible for the development of the award-winning Cortex and Smart Derivatives applications.
Purpose & Scope of role
• Purpose: Within this department, the Research development team is responsible for the design and development of the Research Portal M360 and all the affiliate research and publication application including I4Me BOT. User are both internal and clients. Stakeholder will be a mix of BNPP Economic Research team and Sales team.
• The candidate will be in charge of leading a multiple location development team, drive and validate the architecture and deliver quality software
• Scope: Global
Key Responsibilities of role
• Organisation and day to day management of planning and Scrum in collaboration with a PM
• Develop high quality software in line with Business expectation and timeline
• Provide guidance to the developers and provide overall application architecture
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
• Proven experience of Java development in a front office environment
• Proven experience of Web (Angular/React) development
• Proven experience of leading an Agile team
• Strong overall IT knowledge, especially on newer technology (Symphony, Mobile, NLP)
• Proven experience in Front Office IT