At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Recognized subject matter expert. Manages large projects or processes with limited oversight from manager. The WMG Senior Relationship Manager is the first initial point of contact and the primary contact to bank of the West's highest income / net worth client's portfolio with a focus on $3.5 M and $15M very high net worth. The Senior Relationship Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of clients; maximizing client engagement by assessing, understanding, and identifying clients banking needs and providing or arranging a wide array of wealth advice.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as the main point of contact for affluent and high end net worth clients for Wealth Management.
- Demonstrates solid business development skills by acquiring profitable client relationships with high income/net worth clients of Wealth Management.
- Responsible for identifying client needs and ensuring needs are met by utilizing investments, insurance, Daily Banking, Credit or Other relevant products, in connection with clients tax, legal and estate planning professionals.
- Expands client portfolio through referrals to Fiduciary Officers, Portfolio Managers, BWIS Representatives, Real Estate, Tax and Estate Officers.
- Responsible for following up to ensure all banking services provided to clients exceed their expectations.
- Expands and builds relationship with client by proactively monitoring client’s portfolio.
- Provides clients a high level of consultative financial advice by using the full range of banking products and services designed for the affluent / high-end private customer needs.
- Ensures all documentation is up to date, complete and in compliance with all policies, regulations, laws and procedures.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting, Bus Admin or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Series License-7 Upon Hire
- Series License-66 or FINRA Series 63 & 65 Upon Hire
- Solid knowledge of financial products and services for the ultra-high end net worth individual market.
- Solid knowledge of consumer lending; credit, documentation and portfolio management Solid knowledge of brokerage and investment products Intermediate software application experience.
Annual Hiring Range:
$74,000 to $150,000
The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidate’s geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for quarterly and annual incentives.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West may require all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status, and employees who are not fully vaccinated may be required to undergo regular testing.
Benefits: Visit https://www.bankofthewest.com/about-us/careers/benefits.html for benefits information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.