Relationship Manager Public Institutions
Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
Are you interested in joining a dynamic coverage team active in a sector in full transformation ? To service clients and co-develop financial solutions suiting their needs, while progressing towards the UN 17 SDG goals ? Then let’s have a chat about the vision and strategy of Public Institutions, a unit of Corporate Coverage within Corporate Banking. Discover the sectors serviced and variety of client profiles, and tell us how you can contribute to reaching our goals.
The Public Authorities & Infrastructures’ team is 1 out of 4 Coverage teams at Public Institutions. The Public Authorities are the government entities and related agencies (federal, regional and municipal levels) that define public policies and, through their implementation, are responsible for investments amounting to 2-3% of GDP/year. Our Infrastructure clients provide many of the essential utility services, like e.g. energy transportation and distribution, drinking water production and distribution, waste collection and treatment, but they also own, maintain and develop a solid part of our country’s economically strategic infrastructures, like e.g. ports, airports and roads.
Our clients require advisory and servicing in bank financing, investments and cash management matters, but also require more complex solutions we coordinate and deliver with other departments, such as Corporate Debt Platform / Debt Capital Markets, Global Markets, Corporate Finance, but also CIB Sustainable Finance and the Sustainable Business Competence Center.
Your future job
- For a given portfolio, you act as privileged banking partner and central contact person between your clients and all parties within our Bank (Cash Management, DCP, Global Markets) and the other BNP Group units (BNPP AM, BP2S, Arval) with a view to grow the business along Public Institutions’ strategy and financial targets ;
- You develop personal relationships with your clients at all layers of the organization (Treasury, CxO, Board) and with other stakeholders (e.g. at the political level) and other sector bodies ;
- Leveraging on your interest and passion, you develop a deep understanding of your clients businesses and industries, knowledge that you happily share with colleagues and other services where it creates added value ;
- You are in charge of the financing requests: from the analysis together with the credit unit, to the structuring and presentation in credit committees, with a focus on appropriateness and quality. You monitor your clients’ financial performance and follow-up the embedded risks.
- You offer adequate financial services in a pro-active way, connecting with the in-house specialists where specific expertise is required, and coordinate with the other support functions (Legal, Compliance, Tax), with a view to secure a seamless experience for your clients.
Highlight your strengths
- You have a Master Degree (Law, Engineering, Economics, …) or can testify of deep acquaintances for the job acquired through experience ;
- You are fluent in English, Dutch and French, with good commercial and negotiation skills, and the proven capacity to convince and have an impact ;
- Dealing with clients is a motivating factor for you ;
- You will have to develop a deep understanding of the banking products and services that the BNP Group has on offer. You will have to acquire a good understanding of and sensitivity for risk matters, and are capable to handle complex files in a structured way ;
- Being independent and dynamic, you are rather extravert and easily develop new relationships and able to build a functional network ;
- Your set of personal values include an ethical behaviour coupled to respect. Curiosity and the need to understand also drive you in life.
- The opportunity to build or grow further your career as a Relationship Manager within Public Authorities & Infrastructures / Corporate Coverage, with the support of your colleagues and management team ;
- A challenging and polyvalent role, in a dynamic and changing market where there is room for initiative and creativity, amongst other in the fields of sustainability and new financial solutions ;
- The possibility to develop an extensive network with the skills and other business lines, but also to develop oneself through experience and trainings ;
- A competitive financial package and statute, in function of your profile, skills and experience, supplemented by extra-legal benefits.
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Tempted by the challenge?
Interested in this function? Do not hesitate to apply online.