BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
CIB London Finance is a key partner and advisor to all businesses and support functions with activity booked in London and has specific responsibility for:
• Delivering accurate Group and UK Financial and Regulatory Reporting in compliance with Group accounting norms
• Decision support through business performance reporting, analysis, forecasts & budgets.
• Tax advisory for UK businesses and compliance with UK tax rules.
• Managing the relationship with key external contacts on Finance topics (auditors, regulators, tax authorities etc).
Purpose & Scope of role
This role is within the UK Regulatory reporting team and reports to the manager of the regulatory reporting team. Key responsibility is the reporting to the Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA) “The Branch Return”. Production of the annual Single Resolution Board based reporting “Critical Function Return” and support the team on the BoE Statistical reporting for BNP Paribas London Branch.
Key Responsibilities of role
The primary responsibility of the role is the regulatory reporting to the PRA. To ensure all information submitted is accurate, produced in a timely manner and is subject to critical review.
• Production of regulatory returns in a timely manner to ensure sufficient oversight and critical review from management prior to submission
• Ensure reporting is at all times compliant with the regulatory rules, robust controls and governance framework.
• Respond to regulator queries regarding submitted returns
• Keep up to date with regulatory reporting changes and communicate impact for the Bank.
• Provide regulatory reporting impact for new products/business and embed into the regulatory reporting process
• Communicate changes needed to ensure the regulatory team receive timely and accurate data it requires.
• Communicate with Finance IT Support and Development team on regulatory reporting issues.
• Communicate with Business analysts and IT Development team on Software upgrades and new release on reporting changes and reporting implications.
• Procedures to be kept up to date, and clear written
• Review and enhancement of existing processes.
• Identify efficiency opportunities, recommend priority and implement as agreed.
• Ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
• Accounting qualification (e.g. ACA / ACCA/ CIMA)
• Reporting experience gained within Financial Services/Investment Banking and a good understanding of Banking products
• Experience in preparation, review and submission of regulatory reporting to banking regulators in particular FINREP, PRA Branch Return.
• A strong demonstrable experience of Excel and use of advanced functionality within Excel, as well as other tools, to manage large amounts of data and develop spreadsheet models to efficiently manage processes
• Ability to analyse and interpret regulations from first principles
• Ability to work using own initiative
• Analytical and logical approach to problem solving
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent planning and organisational skills, prioritising as appropriate
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels
• Ability to communicate complex information effectively