In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The Reporting Policy Group (RPG) acts as gatekeeper for product and topic knowledge across Business Line or Group by staying current and providing interpretive guidance on new and evolving reporting rules, setting related policy and reinforcing controls with report owners. RPG serves as the primary point of contact for all questions and issues related to application and interpretation of regulatory and financial reporting rules. RPG is also responsible for developing best practices through engaging in a collaborative approach, which builds trust and buy in with key stakeholders. RPG provides advisory support as needed.
This position is responsible for performing the reporting policy function (e.g. monitoring, interpretation, training and review control of regulatory reporting rules) across regulatory reports and annual reports of BNP Paribas USA and certain subsidiaries and the related CUSO.
- Stay current on new products. Maintain / keep abreast of changes in regulations and social climate in order to assess the need for update to policy and practices. Analyze trends, gain insights to recommend changes in practices as part of continuous monitoring. Provide interpretive guidance when owners, production or business units have questions.
- Analyze and interpret new rules. Work with report owners and production groups to ensure proper implementation. Consult with appropriate stakeholders to consider and address potential implications. Set strategy for developing and communicating new rules, practices, and procedures to team members and managers.
- Develop, implement, and communicate regulatory reporting interpretations, guidelines and procedures to business partners as they raise questions on an ad hoc basis.
- Partner with legal and accounting policy teams as needed to ensure interpretations and practices are in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provide targeted training to various stakeholders and provide updated content for annual compliance training. Counsel, educate, and provide consultation on policies, rules and practices.
- Reinforce controls with report owners through validation and review of reports.
- Provide subject matter expertise to other stakeholders during remediation of examination / audit findings, MRAs and MRIAs when the cause was related to a misinterpretation of a reporting rule.
- Liaise with the department, business units, Finance Technology team and Corporate IT on an ongoing basis for project and ongoing responsibilities.
- Participate in industry trade working groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role in a large and complex financial company
- Subject matter expertise in bank regulatory reporting with experience in leading and implementing regulatory changes in a large / complex organization
- Strong Knowledge in Basel / regulatory capital rules
- Extensive knowledge of financial products (e.g., securities, derivatives, loans, deposits, SLAB, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of bank holding company financial reporting
- Experience establishing policies and procedures and implementing large scale reporting changes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Knowledge of the English language is required.
- Master’s degree in accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Experience in internal or external audit. CPA preferred
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal’s Top Employers 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : Finance d'entreprise
On entend par « Finance d’entreprise » l’ensemble des métiers qui permettent de gérer les finances internes de BNP Paribas, cruciaux pour maintenir la solidité et la position de leader du Groupe sur ses marchés.En savoir plus
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.