At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for direct oversight of sales and service activities of Business Banking Group (BBG) Relationship Managers (RMs) throughout the Colorado geographic region of the Bank of the West Small and Medium Enterprise Group (SME). Responsible for effectively managing and coaching Relationship Managers within the region to performance, strategy, goals and vision of the Company and division. Within the region the following functions will include: portfolio management, business development strategy and activities, cross sell, customer service, and asset, liability, revenue and profit generation. Business target market is companies, including sole proprietorships, with sales generally from $10MM up to $25MM in revenues.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Provides direct management and tactical coaching to BBG Relationship Managers whose primary responsibility is focused on customer retention, deepening of customer relationships and development of new Business Banking customers. This includes support in structuring credit requests and in-market joint calling and coaching.
- Participates in the development of coaching tools, activity objectives, performance goals, sales and coaching protocols, performance plans, tracking and reporting tools, recruiting profiles and relevant training (sales, product and credit).
- Monitors progress on all objectives and goals. Accountable for achievement of loan, deposit and fee income targets of the BBG Relationship Management team.
- Monitors variance against budget on an ongoing basis. Accountable for achieving positive or neutral variances to Business Banking related budgets for the region.
- Manages employees directly, including selection, resource allocation, performance management, rewards and recognition. Involved directly in selection of the region's Relationship Managers when needed.
- Conducts regular communication meetings with direct reports to communicate information, discuss problems, train staff, and provide a forum for discussion of pertinent issues.
- Acts as a liaison with centralized underwriting and credit management teams in structuring credit requests and managing portfolio issues.
- Ensures Relationship Managers are effective in managing credit quality and portfolio management requirements in conjunction with centralized underwriting and portfolio management teams. Provides regular communication to SME Group Executives and Business Banking management regarding performance of Business Banking Market Coverage teams, strategies, and tactics.
- Gathers, and communicates to senior management, market intelligence so that market opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur.
- Ensures that operating procedures are in compliance with the approved policies and procedures of the bank and with applicable regulations
- Participate in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank.
- Ensures compliance with bank CRA programs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams multiple job areas.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Admin., finance, accounting
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Sales Management.
- Bank Product, Marketing and Service knowledge.
- Commercial Loan Structuring and Portfolio Management Procedures.
- Analytical and budgeting skills.
- Negotiating skills.
- Planning & organizational skills.
- PC Skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Written and verbal communications and presentations.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Greenwood VillageJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales and Sales Related