In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
The position holder is responsible for managing and implementing regional projects/initiatives for APAC Trade Operations.
1. Lead projects / initiatives on new enhancements and changes in APAC Trade operations. Determine and drive process improvement initiatives to enhance STP, operational efficiencies & process controls. These are tactical project as opposed to strategic projects managed by P&C.
2. Coordinate with various stakeholders (e.g., IT, Business, Operations, etc.) to ensure successful implementation of such projects and initiatives. Ensure efficient understanding and training within operations teams to ascertain that new changes/ procedures are adopted and followed properly.
3. Manage and monitor the UATs of various projects to ensure functions developed are able to meet operational requirements, including resource, test cases, test results, operational readiness.
4. Assist Regional Head of Operations on Transformation & Governance initiatives (e.g., P&C projects, Offshoring, SLA Reviews with Countries and GTFO, etc.)
5. Active participation on ad hoc tasks, projects as assigned by Management from time to time, including preparation of MIS/ KPI data and reports for management reporting
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Trade & Supply Chain expertise