About the job
- Assisting in the execution and the implementation of Records Management strategy for AMER, EMEA and APAC’s Records Management Office (RMO). The RMO analyst will assist in the progression of the RMO Target Operating Model strategy. This strategy will include both electronic and paper records
- The person filling this position will need to be able to partner and work across multiple cross-functional areas, including Information Technology, Compliance, Legal, Controls, centralized Records Management Program and the Data Management office
- As part of the role, there will be a working rota to cover east coast AMER time zone three times per week and in case of a regulatory exam
Your Main Activities Are
- Maintain and update RMO policy, procedures and retention schedule
- Support the automation of manual processing of regulatory and non-regulatory records
- Oversight of day-to-day operations within RMO
- Assist in the transformation of the firms’ records management processes to meet organizational and regulatory requirements
- Ability to operate in a complex environment, managing multiple complex initiatives covering global markets, technology, project management etc
- Familiarity with current regulations related to Records Management
- Perform records management governance assessments on new bank projects, ensuring RMO standards are being met and all records and regulations are being identified and adhered to
- In coordination with the arraigned third party, facilitate the annual Designated Third Party (D3P) testing effort, validating compliance to SEC Rule 17a-4
- Work closely with IT to provide system administration oversight for the bank's internal records repositories, ensuring records management criteria is being implemented and operability is running efficiently
- Assist with analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system issues and bugs
- Develop and design records management training materials and courses for BNP Paribas CIB Americas staff, promoting the policy and procedures
- Monitor the Records Management Governance Tool, ensuring functional Records Retention Schedules are up to date and incorporate any regulatory or bank changes
- Collaborate with a multitude of stakeholders to achieve compliance with recordkeeping/data annual certifications
- Lead WORM (Write Once, Read Many) Governance initiatives and processes to validate compliance
- Drive the RMO Change Management Governance Process by representing the RMO in various committees and managing events that could have an impact on recordkeeping requirements
- Lead RMO third party vendor processes by managing records and information stored with third party vendors throughout the respective relationships
- Assist with annual regulatory reporting on behalf of the CIB Americas RMO
- Develop, monitor, manage and evidence RMO controls to validate effectiveness and operability
Profile and Skills to Success
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of industry specific software is a bonus
- Desire to take ownership of objectives and drive results
- Facilitate and lead a collaborative environment, ensuring subject matter experts can work outside the box; engage people, helping them solve their own issues
- Identify, communicate and drive change within an organization
- Ability to multi-task on an ongoing basis
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive, energetic and self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills
- Analytical, rigorous, with attention to details
- Ability to work in a changing environment and covering different time zones
- Project management skill
- 7-12 years of professional experience (Global markets experience is mandatory)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.