About the job
- Within BNP Paribas, Credit Analysis plays a fundamental role in the selection of the bank’s assets, contributing to the sustainability of the business model. This is crucial in reaching the right credit decisions, bringing added value to the business as well as monitoring risks
Your Main Activities Are
- Analysing the creditworthiness of a portfolio of clients including, a review of financial statements, cash flow modelling as well as assessment and monitoring of counterparty position within the market and credit risk associated with the financing proposed to our client (asset risk, structural risk)
- Performing, on a regular basis, industry overviews, peer analysis and portfolio reviews
- Preparation of written Credit Proposals (Annual Reviews, New Requests, Amendment/Waivers) entailing the above points in order to support credit committee decisions regarding the client’s risk of default, credit rating and adequacy of the proposed financing
- Reporting & Data management ensuring database quality
- Work with cohesion and team spirit within the CPM team and with the other members of the Transportation Finance team as well as with internal/external stakeholders (on a local and international scale)
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Finance / Accounting / Management and/or Economics
- 2/3 years of professional experience
- Advanced level of English, both written and oral, is mandatory
- Comfort in using Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Detail oriented, knowledge of financial analysis valued
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to collaborate / teamwork
Efficient organizational and planning capacities
Self-starter, good initiative and flexible
Business minded with an ability to convey a balanced sense of risk
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
· Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines
· Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services.
· Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional client.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.