Job Description – Manager (Technical)
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
Under BNP Paribas IT Group, FRESH is the IT framework encompassing Projects & Systems of Finance and RISK functions, with a strong focus on efficiency, proximity, agility and time-to-market.
FRESH is a worldwide organizational model that will contribute to tackle major challenges of the Group’s transformation of today and tomorrow, building the best offering to the Finance and Risk Community through a progressive rotation to new technologies and best practices. The FRESH organization is the outcome of several convergences: between the Project & Systems teams of Group Finance, CIB Finance and RISK and their related IT teams.
FRESH is part of the IT Group organization (ITG in Europe and ITO overseas) with a threefold sponsorship by ITG, Finance and RISK (CIB-ITO; RISK Solutions and ITG-FIT).
Manager – IT Group –FRESH
15 Mar 2023
ITG – FRESH
Mumbai / Chennai
Business Line / Function:
Reports to: (Direct)
Grade: (if applicable)
Global Application Managers
Number of Direct Reports:
Direct – 4 – 7
Directorship / Registration:
The Manager will lead a complete vertical under the IT Group FRESH, responsible for managing multiple teams and stakeholders engaged in business analysis, application development & maintenance and support.
The leader works closely with global and local department heads to manage the application, support & location strategy. The leader will be will be closely monitoring, delivering projects, evolutions, releases, problems & incidents.
Application & Delivery Management
- Manage multiple business analysis, application development & support organizations.
- Management of finance & risk systems like general ledgers, consolidation & reporting processes & systems.
- Problem management, mitigation & resolution of application, process and organizational issues
- Establish strategies for maintaining, evolving applications & work processes with global owners.
- Establish goals for the organization in consultation with global & local managers
- Establish performance matrices to manage delivery, staff performance, anticipate roadblocks
- Identify, onboard, develop & industrialize appropriate talent
- Identify, scope, analyze impact of significant changes in applications and processes.
- Project Management for key changes to systems, organizations and processes
Governance, Reporting, Quality & Risk Management
- Develop & maintain service management framework for BAU processes. Track capacity and process performance against KPIs.
- Ensure that the quality, service & compliance parameters are reported at required levels.
- Comply with governance to meet offshoring, operational management and local reporting requirements,
- Assess appropriate quality practices and ensure adoption as a way of working.
- Assess IT, Operational risks of each area and implement adequate control processes for IT and Operational risks.
- Set-up performance objectives, ensuring positive, constructive regular feedback
- Manage experienced, senior staff with multiple direct and indirect reports.
- Develop appropriate reporting organizations and roadmaps to manage span, career expectations, operational objectives
- Frame development & training plans for staff and ensure delivery.
- Coach, Mentor staff to achieve career and organizational goals.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Technical & Domain Skills:
- Hands on experience in software development and deep understanding of full stack development.
- Understanding end to end technical architecture
- Application architecture with focus on front, middle & back office, ledgers, consolidation and reporting systems.
- Ability to understand organizational matrices, trace data flows and interactions between different departments and applications, analyze data flows
- Exposure to upcoming technologies like data science, analytics, robotics, discovery & visualization tools.
Organization, Project Management Skills
- Deep experience with end-to-end software development life cycle, IT Governance, Dev Ops processes
- Project Management skills
- Experience of Agile, SCRUM Methodologies and Practices
- Experience in implementing IT Operational Controls and Quality processes
- Managing large teams facing multiple stakeholders
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, to be client facing and work directly with the Finance and Risk user community
- Ability to listen, comprehend & articulate effectively across multiple audiences (senior stakeholders, direct reports, large audiences)
- Crystallize performance, expectations, risks and solutions to managing entire functional lines.
- Autonomous, self-starter who is able to deliver without constant/direct supervision.
- Have the ability to think out of the box, suggest changes and challenge practices
- Display a sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on regulation for the financial industry.
- Excellent organization, analytical and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible to work extended hours or weekend working.
- Manage and engage multiple and diverse stakeholders
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Degree or Masters in Computer Science
Experience in Banking & Financial Services and finance systems will help the candidate acclimatize faster
10 – 12 years of experience with recent experience as an Project Manager, Application Manager
Team & people management experience is important
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to manage a project
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 12 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : IT, Tech et Data
Au-delà d’être un groupe financier, BNP Paribas est aussi une entreprise technologique. Les systèmes d’information, la data et les outils sont au cœur de notre ADN et offrent de nombreuses opportunités professionnelles !En savoir plus
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.