BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas Global Markets Quantitative Research is responsible for research, design, development and support of innovative financial models and tools. This effort is undertaken in very close collaboration and daily interaction with our partners in trading, sales, risk management and IT across Europe, Americas and Asia.
This front office department is cross-asset covering Equity, Interest Rates, Credit, Commodities, Foreign Exchange and Local Markets.
Global Markets Quantitative Research is seeking to identify top calibre, highly motivated people who are prepared to hit the ground running in our dynamic, cross-asset activity.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role focuses on the global management, development, delivery and support of the cross-asset analytics libraries, trading tools and information systems. The responsibilities are fulfilled through close collaboration with other quantitative developers and analysts, as well as with trading desks and various front-office IT teams.
The role will be in Porto, Portugal working within a team of finance professionals supporting BNPP CIB market activities globally. The role will projects and tasks worked on in collaboration with team members in Lisbon, London and Paris. A period of 2 to 4 months training in London or Paris as well as 1-2 weeks in Lisbon is envisaged at the beginning of the role in order to become familiar with the setup and to build relationships with other team members.
- One of the following qualifications:
- Master or PhD degree in Computer Science
- PhD in Science or Engineering, with an interest for Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Fluency in Computer Science: algorithms, complexity, etc.
- Wider IT culture is a plus: OS, parallelization, network, machine learning, new languages, etc.
- Hands on and proactive approach.
- Accuracy and absolute attention to detail required.
- Effective problem solver and consensus builder.
- Ability to prioritize workloads & use a proactive approach to meet deadlines.
- Be driven, enthusiastic and dynamic in search of improving processes, controls & procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Team Player
- Fluency in English
- Available for a training period abroad (2 to 4 months in either London or Paris)
- Engineering mind-set and culture.
- Interest in Open Source projects and communities.
- Interest in financial mathematics, statistics, and stochastic calculus.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.