About the job
- By integrating the MP Lisbon team, the Model Performance Analyst works in a best in class Model team and in an international and dynamic environment
Your Main Activities Are
- Contribute to the production of backtesting on risk parameters by producing the different steps: Data collection, Database construction, Back testing production, Report preparation
- Contribute to the production of the backtesting ECB Templates
- Contribute to the production of the backtesting Shortcuts
- Participation to transversal projects related to credit risk models performance assessment
- Control and validation of GRR (Global Recovery Rate) spreadsheet
- Improvement of existing tools and processes
- Ensure a robust permanent control framework to deliver in a timely manner, reliable and consistent backtesting
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics / Physics or Quantitative Finance
- Fluent in English, both written and oral are mandatory
- Knowledge in Database Management (SAS, SQL, R)
- Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Ability to deliver / Results driven
- Critical thinking
About the Team
- Within the RISK ERA Models department, the Model Performance (MP) team develops and maintains the Model Performance Assessment methodology of internal rating models on the Basel credit risk parameters (PD, LGD, EAD / CCF) including the relevant ad-hoc criteria measuring the performance
- The team carries out many other studies and participates in various transverse projects.
- Due to growing demands from European regulator/supervisor, the model performance team is carrying out studies that are becoming increasingly important
- Production of Retail and Non-retail (Corporate and local models) Back testings on PD (Probability of Default), EAD/CCF (Exposure At Default) and LGD (Loss given default) parameters: Data collection, Database construction, Back testing production, Report preparation
- Production of the Back testing ECB Templates on PD, EAD/CCF, LGD credit risk parameters
- Production of shortcuts backtesting (only on non Retail perimeter)
- Participation to transversal projects related to credit risk models performance assessment : such as Backtesting standards redaction, Industrialization of data collection tool (CRDC SAS, GRREAT, Remediation project…)
- Control and validation of GRR (Global Recovery Rate) spreadsheet: Collection of information, Data quality control- Monitoring
- Improvement of existing tools and processes: Ensure the continuous improvement of existing programs and processes, Document the work and methodologies used
- Ensure adequate documentation in line with Group Documentation Standards
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.