BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organizations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialized financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Markets 360 Strategy & Economics is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
The team communicates economic and strategic views to internal and external clients and the media. We aim to publish clear, timely, thought-provoking pieces on topics ranging from financial and economic forecasts to in-depth analysis of the economies under coverage and related political developments
The Macro Quant & Derivative Strategy team is part of Markets 360 and is responsible for quantitative and evidence based research for macroeconomics, assets across the major asset classes and derivatives. The team develops and maintains models and processes for analyzing markets, generating trade ideas and as part of thematic publications. The team is client facing and works closely with sales, trading and the Quantitative Investments Strategies (QIS) group.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the team in developing market leading quant indicators for asset prices, economic variables and derivative markets using mathematical and statistical techniques, including econometrics and machine learning
- Maintain and update models, including creating visual representations of outputs, compiling of dashboards, presentations and publications
- Support the Macro Quant & Derivative Strategy team in London in the process of generating trade ideas, researching new modelling techniques and producing thematic research reports
- Maintaining existing suite of models across economics, asset prices and derivatives to take into consideration the latest market and economic data
- Help to develop new models and tools, by means of reviewing academic research to identify new modelling approaches, running data analytics, exploring use of new data science techniques and testing new date sets (i.e. alternative data)
- Increase the automation of processes and the digitization of outputs (e.g. Web-based/HTML dashboards), working together with FIRST quant teams in Lisbon and London
- Assist in preparing presentations for client meetings, running data analytics in response to client requests and ad-hoc data analysis in response to market events
- Master degree in computer Science, applied Mathematics, engineering, Physics, Economics with a speciality in Econometrics
- At least two years of experience in a similar position
- Analytical and quantitative skills - Good knowledge of Python, R, Matlab, VBA and any other coding languages
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Precision and rigorousness
- Reliability and capacity to deliver
- Autonomy and proactivity
- Team spirit and ability to work with others
- Ability to process large amount of data and make extractions from various systems
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.