At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
You will be part of QA Center of Excellence team supporting Commercial Banking projects.
Primary responsibilities are to understand requirements & data mapping, define test plans, perform design reviews and develop test cases and test scripts. You will perform test automation, conduct reviews and execute test cases in sprints ﴾Agile﴿. You will interact with Development teams to understand project requirements, technical design, downstream systems impact and data mapping. You will participate in daily status meetings to provide accurate QA status with Project manager.
- Overall 5+ years of experience of IT experience with Automation and Performance testing experience
- Excellent team player with ability to work with multiple teams in a dynamically changing environment.
- High level of personal commitment to each task, a can do attitude and a drive to deliver.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to understand banking financial requirements.
- High level of responsibility and ownership from inception through to implementation.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Good analysis skills to perform trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Good testing principles as well as good defect management skills.
- Ability to write complex SQL, python/shell Scripts to test data ingestion framework based on the data mapping & requirements
- Perform data analysis to identify the defects.
- Experience in testing complex data systems, data ingestion pipeline through batch, real time/streaming framework.
- Experience in building/updating automating frameworks using programming languages such as Selenium/Python/Java/Shell or previous proven programming experience in any relevant scripting languages.
- Experience in test data setup in various file formats and databases.
- Experience working with Database upgrades, tool upgrades and Interface testing.
- Experience in creating test plan, test cases and engineering best practices related to software test engineering, both manual and automated testing.
- Experience coordinating testing activities and optimizing test cycles working with project team.
- Experience with test methodologies and use of test management tools like JIRA.
- Experience with conducting and running defect triage meeting with project teams.
- Familiar with Financial services applications is a plus.
- Strong in SDLC process, Test Strategy/Plan, Test Estimation and experience working in Agile Methodology.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.