About the job
- Within BNP Paribas, the Compliance is a global function which gathers around 4000 employees working worldwide on five areas of expertise (Financial Security, KYC, Market Integrity, Clients' Interests Protection, and Professional Ethics). The Financial Security aims to prevent corruption, money-laundering and financing of terrorism and to comply with embargoes and international financial sanctions. To this end, BNP Paribas has set up a comprehensive Anti-Money Laundering process to deal with alerts coming from external triggers, the Transaction Monitoring System and the business (called Unusual Activity Reports). The alert management framework is organized into 3 levels to screen and process alerts: level 1 (within the business), level 2 (within Compliance: case investigation and drafting of the Suspicious Activity Report) and level 3 (Compliance final decision on the case before sending the case to local regulator)
- The Compliance is recruiting Compliance officers to staff the new team in Lisbon which will handle the UARs from FRB (France) within the 2nd level of the alert management framework
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure a follow-up on the UARs that are pending for more data within the business
- Suggest process simplification and systems and methodologies enhancements
- Assist AML Compliance officers on how to treat a case (most difficult cases or when a new procedure/policy is issued)
- Perform a 4 eyes control on the case declared closed by the junior compliance officers
- Perform quality checks on the closed UARs
- Make a decision to definitely close the case or escalate suspicious cases for further review and investigation to Level. Maintain an appropriate audit trail and documentation to support the evidence and resolution of each case
- Prepare a quality feedback to the business on received UARs (monthly) to improve the relevance of the UARs
- Keep updated on developments on KYC/AML/CFT/Sanctions laws and regulations and exchange with onshore teams (Compliance, back offices/business, Global Financial Security team, etc)
Profile and Skills to Success
- French fluency (mandatory, both oral and written communication - Level B2)
- he ability to learn new tasks and processes quickly and repeat these consistently
- Strong degree-level academic qualifications or significant experience in retail banking (products, services and operational processes)
- Rigorous, well-organized with a structured and logical approach
- V6, Excel and Word skills
- Working knowledge of English (both oral and written communication)
- Experience in AML controls within a bank or a financial institution is a plus
About the Team
- The primary responsibility of the team will be to conduct (in accordance with policies and procedures) the due diligence investigations for AML UARs sent by the business, close false alerts and escalate to onshore AML teams suspicious cases for further investigation
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.