By Joining RISK Portugal Hub at BNP Paribas, you will be part of a dynamic, talented and expert team, with a global coverage. You will be able to develop your knowledge through career development plan and internal mobility. The journey starts here.
About the job
RISK Consulting & Transformation Iberia consists of 14 people (Madrid and Lisbon) is an extension team of the head office, but operating as “one team” with our onshore colleagues, contributing to projects in different locations and regions
Our team in Portugal maintains a local hierarchical reporting line and a functional reporting line to the Head of RISK Consulting & Transformation Iberia (in Madrid)
- RISK Consulting & Transformation is a transversal team supporting RISK in its strategic projects and transformation efforts. The team, through its deep understanding of RISK organization and processes, contributes to projects around five main Practices:
- Credit & Regulatory risk
- Market and counterparty risk
- Operational risk
- Data, Simulation and Models
Your Main Activities Are
- Take the lead, define, coordinate, follow-up and implement global RISK projects
- Project framing with the Sponsor(s) and Product Owner(s)
- Definition of the deliverables and project planning
- Establish and implement the project’s governance
- Identify and mitigate the project’s risks
- Secure the project’s delivery by escalating any issue and propose relevant mitigation actions
- Track project costs in order to meet the approved budget
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas of improvement
- Report project achievements & progress directly with RISK executive Board Members
- Advocate RISK Consulting & Transformation team within RISK, and globally within the BNP Paribas Group
- Promote the RISK Consulting & Transformation internal life, especially by endorsing any of the internal initiatives or RISK Consulting workgroups
- Contribute to the on-boarding and training of new team members
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years in consulting or project management in the financial/banking sector or in a consulting company working with banking sector, especially in risk management topics
- Advanced level of English
- Knowledge in MS Office Pack (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Active listening
- Ability to lead a project and interact with senior stakeholders in a multicultural and fast driven environment
- Communication skills, both written and oral
- Analytical ability
- Creativity and innovation / problem solving
- Ability to manage a project
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services.
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional client.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.