In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Compliance being an independent group function, we are covering multiple Business lines (eg Transaction Banking, Financial Markets, Security Services, Wealth Management…) across 12 territories in APAC.
The project manager will manage various Compliance projects in order to improve the bank framework and meet evolving business and regulations.
The position will focus on Market Integrity and Professional Ethics domains but could also be exposed to others Compliance domains (eg Financial Security, KYC, Protection of Interest of Clients)
• Coordination of the projects and applications for Market Integrity
1. Prepare, manage & roll out new Ecom & Voice archiving and surveillance tools/ integration of new channels. Assist the on boarding of new Trade Surveillance tools and Case Manager.
2. Collect and deliver user requirements to corresponding IT teams. Manage UAT and monitor implementation and post go-live stability.
3. Manage outsourcing – from SLA documents preparation, committees to Go Live planning
4. Propose solutions on the different dimensions of the TOM: organization, staffing, surveillance strategy, tools, controls, performance management
• APAC Compliance SPOC
1. Support and contribute to new entities setup
2. Prepare and harmonise between local and regional requirements
3. Harmonize the setup between 1st and 2nd line of defence
4. Represent APAC compliance in Global Ecom and Voice control board
5. Manage and track on actions required from APAC
6. Clarify and synchronise APAC's role & manage dependencies with global teams
• Change Management: Drive on efficiency and industrialization
1. Propose simplification, Renunciation through various levers
2. Review and analyze processes
3. Contribute to the analysis & design activities
4. Follow through with implementation
5. Review on organization/ aid on teams integration
• Contribute to Regulators exercises related to Fintech adoption
Technical and Behavioural Competencies required
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Creativity and innovation
• Taking the initiative
• Acting with perspective
• Experience in change management
• Experience in project management and global complexity
• Good understanding of the Bank’s business model and operations
• Understanding of Global Markets organization and products is a plus
Experience and Qualifications required
• Bachelors or Graduate Degree required
• 10+ years’ work experience of which at least 5+ years’ in project management