In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
APAC Projects & Change Management Team is a transversal project team under CIB ITO - Global Markets & ALMT Operations.
In particular, the team will have the specific responsibilities:
• Coordinate and support management on APAC Operations strategic projects
• Collaborate with the EMEA Projects and Change Management team by being the APAC SPOC for global projects
• Support the regional operation teams in the Hubs, ISPL and local entities for specific projects
• Lead Projects initiated by GM&ALMT Operations Management impacting operations activities / process (new process, process optimization, new organization….).
• Define governance, roadmap & animate steercos or any other meetings related to the project.
• Provide project follow up.
• Work in close collaboration with all the Operations teams.
• Realize study on processes or organization (as is, pain points, TOM, recommendations / target definition…) & formalize outputs (RACI, workflow, global recap…) to sponsors & stakeholders for decisions.
Contribute as GM&ALMT Operations SPOC to projects led by other business partners (FO, IT, BM/Drive, Transversal functions)
• Contribute as Operations experts to structural projects initiated by business partners (FO, IT, BM/Drive, Transversal functions….).
• Coordinate with and represent all Operations teams.
• Centralize and support the formalization of user requirements (SPOC role).
Support implementation of Governance between Onshore and Offshore locations following offshoring initiatives
• Transit from SME (Subject Matter expert) into Project Manager
• Support the management in establishing the right governance between Onshore and Offshore by having the accountability transferred to the offshore location while projects and specific initiatives can be led by the Project & Change team when specific skill is required.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
Good communication skills: Verbal & Written Skills in English. Work with others. Interact across countries, cultures and external. Deal with senior management. Speak with confidence.
Project Management Skills: Ability to run high profile and complex projects by leveraging on tools and methodologies in order to provide regular and clear updates and ensure that projects are led to completion
Operational Risk: Strong understanding of Operational Risk framework and policies in order to design solutions in line with the Bank’s risk control principles.
Self-discipline, strong autonomy, dynamic and proactive approach: being a self-starter. ie whenever a new topic/ issue come up, proactively investigate, mobilize relevant stakeholders to come up with a remediation/ solution proposal to Business, and so with little supervision.
Organization understanding: Ability to understand operationnal processes, strong understanding of the organization. Ability to navigate across all Operational teams and leverage the network to help find consensus
Innovation & initiatives: Demonstrate willingness to constantly improve the status quo.
Experience and Qualifications required
• In-depth knowledge of Global Market Operations
• Project Management experience
• Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
• Good communication and presentation skills, with ability to interact with senior management
• Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills